The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Mar 28, 2011, 05:08pm
Esteemed Participant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadaref View Post
As expected by many, Gonzaga rides the home town advantage to a third tourney win. When will NCAAW reach the level at which it can prevent this injustice?
Injustice??

Seriously?

You honestly believe that this rises to the level of an injustice?

Wow...like I stated before, the NCAA will site these games where they KNOW they can draw a good crowd. Spokane has been good them before and is doing so again. Place has sold out (or close to it) for all of the games.

If you are wondering why, then you have never been to Spokane before. There ain't much else to do there.
Old Mon Mar 28, 2011, 06:05pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyroad View Post
Injustice??

Seriously?

You honestly believe that this rises to the level of an injustice?

Wow...like I stated before, the NCAA will site these games where they KNOW they can draw a good crowd. Spokane has been good them before and is doing so again. Place has sold out (or close to it) for all of the games.

If you are wondering why, then you have never been to Spokane before. There ain't much else to do there.

Nevada didn't write that he couldn't understand why this happened, he wrote that the circumstance was unjust. And I completely agree with him. Gonzaga got to play home games at a regional. And not just a de facto home game or games, a la Baylor's men at the 2010 South Regional in Houston. No, we're talking the actual home court. If you're Louisville, you have to wonder why they didn't just drop the pretense and let Gonzaga wear the whites.

On the men's side, this is strictly prohibited. Seeding and bracketing would be turned upside down before this were allowed to happen. But on the women's side it's allowed, for purely market reasons.

All of which brings us back to Nevada's original question: when will the women's game get to the point at which this doesn't happen? My guess is that it won't ever happen. The women's basketball committee may be making the right decision in the short run to allow situations like the above to continue to happen, but in the long run what the sport needs is to be taken seriously by a broader audience. And allowing situations like the one above doesn't help.
Old Mon Mar 28, 2011, 06:19pm
Courageous When Prudent

I tried watching some of ND/Tenn but Dayton has absolutely the worst camera positions. Probably why I never watch the play-in games.
Old Mon Mar 28, 2011, 06:46pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadNewsRef View Post
I tried watching some of ND/Tenn but Dayton has absolutely the worst camera positions. Probably why I never watch the play-in games.
They do it to protect the production equipment from Pat Summit's STARE!!!

Looks like I missed on the A and M / UGA game, by a whisker!! They must have still been in awe of Hershel Walker!
Old Mon Mar 28, 2011, 06:55pm
Official Forum Member

Nikki Caldwell, how YOU doin
Old Mon Mar 28, 2011, 07:26pm
Get away from me, Steve.

This is almost unwatchable.
Old Mon Mar 28, 2011, 07:28pm
Courageous When Prudent

I might watch a Final Four game if Baylor plays UConn.
Old Mon Mar 28, 2011, 07:50pm
Get away from me, Steve.

Oooh, Pat's cranky.
Old Mon Mar 28, 2011, 08:32pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichMSN View Post
Oooh, Pat's cranky.
Very! The play with the T...did anyone have a double foul there?
Old Mon Mar 28, 2011, 08:34pm
Official Forum Member

Ya suppose Pat is "Sick to her stomach"now! I still like her though. A great all time coach.
Old Mon Mar 28, 2011, 08:41pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsqrddgd909 View Post
Very! The play with the T...did anyone have a double foul there?
I actually had the channel tuned in when this play occurred. If I remember correctly the defender pulled the offensive player to the ground as she herself was losing balance. Looked like a solid call to me. Now if you want to maybe say give the defender a T for her little push that preceded the response from the Tennessee player, then I would have no problem with that.
Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some, given a chance to climb, they refuse. They cling to the realm, or the gods, or love. Illusions.

Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is.

Old Mon Mar 28, 2011, 08:56pm
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllPurposeGamer View Post
I actually had the channel tuned in when this play occurred. If I remember correctly the defender pulled the offensive player to the ground as she herself was losing balance. Looked like a solid call to me. Now if you want to maybe say give the defender a T for her little push that preceded the response from the Tennessee player, then I would have no problem with that.
I liked the calls all through the play. The original foul on the ND player and then the unsporting T on the Tennessee player for getting in the ND player's face and screaming. I have no problem with the ND player pushing the Tennessee player since she was laying on top of her.
Old Mon Mar 28, 2011, 09:10pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichMSN View Post
I liked the calls all through the play. The original foul on the ND player and then the unsporting T on the Tennessee player for getting in the ND player's face and screaming. I have no problem with the ND player pushing the Tennessee player since she was laying on top of her.
I had no problem with the pass on it either...The Tennessee player took that little push and went DEFCOM 1 on the ND player. Tennessee coach was NOT a fan of that call haha
Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some, given a chance to climb, they refuse. They cling to the realm, or the gods, or love. Illusions.

Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is.

Old Mon Mar 28, 2011, 09:18pm
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllPurposeGamer View Post
I had no problem with the pass on it either...The Tennessee player took that little push and went DEFCOM 1 on the ND player. Tennessee coach was NOT a fan of that call haha
I saw the clip and the Tennessee player was no longer on top of the ND player -- she was hovering over her. I could see a double technical, but like the single technical that was actually called.
Old Tue Mar 29, 2011, 06:14am
9/11 - Never Forget

Send a message via Yahoo to grunewar
All you doubters......

And for those of you who said the #1 seeds always win. See there, Tenn fell before the Final Four - Rare, but hey, it happens!