The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   2011 NCAAW Sweet 16 (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/65511-2011-ncaaw-sweet-16-a.html)

bob jenkins Thu Mar 24, 2011 08:45am

2011 NCAAW Sweet 16

To talk about this week's action

Judtech Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:54pm

UConn v Georgetown - Huskies and the points!

Duke v Depaul - I am going upsets as the Demons rebel against the Devils!

UT v OSU - Two Words: Pat Summit

Okla v ND - Going with another upset for Boomer Sooner Land

Stan v UNC - Hopefully the ACC can pull one out here and I think the Cardinal may be looking ahead

Gonz v L'ville - The closest thing to the Cinderella match up on the women's side. I'm going GONZO

Bay v GB - Thank you for playing Green Bay. Now if you were the Packers....

UGA v T A/M - I have a push on this one. BUT I think UGA plays in a tougher conference so I will go that way.

I would have posted point spreads, but this is a family forum!

pizanno Thu Mar 24, 2011 03:19pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Judtech (Post 743345)
Gonz v L'ville - The closest thing to the Cinderella match up on the women's side. I'm going GONZO

If you've not seen Courtney Vandersloot play, you're missing the only NCAA player ever to reach 2,000 points and 1,000 assists...men or women.

John Stockton has been mentoring her and you certainly see his game (or some say Steve Nash) in hers.

2011 Women's NCAA Tournament: Gonzaga's Courtney Vandersloot Becomes First to 2,000 Points, 1,000 Assists - The Daily Fix - WSJ

wanja Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:27pm

officials tracker

officials for the remaining ncaa-w, wnit and wbi games will be tracked at Philadelphia Basketball Referee - College Women Postseaon . officials and results for prior games are already posted with search capability.

GoodwillRef Fri Mar 25, 2011 05:20am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Judtech (Post 743345)
UConn v Georgetown - Huskies and the points!

Duke v Depaul - I am going upsets as the Demons rebel against the Devils!

UT v OSU - Two Words: Pat Summit

Okla v ND - Going with another upset for Boomer Sooner Land

Stan v UNC - Hopefully the ACC can pull one out here and I think the Cardinal may be looking ahead

Bay v GB - Thank you for playing Green Bay. Now if you were the Packers....

UGA v T A/M - I have a push on this one. BUT I think UGA plays in a tougher conference so I will go that way.

I would have posted point spreads, but this is a family forum!

JudTech,

Have you seen Texas AM play this year...this game will probably be a 15-20 point win by A&M...not to mention the game is being played in Dallas.

Right now in NCAAW basketball the Big 12 is much tougher than the SEC top to bottom.

TimTaylor Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:54am

Quote:

Originally Posted by pizanno (Post 743408)
If you've not seen Courtney Vandersloot play, you're missing the only NCAA player ever to reach 2,000 points and 1,000 assists...men or women.

John Stockton has been mentoring her and you certainly see his game (or some say Steve Nash) in hers.

2011 Women's NCAA Tournament: Gonzaga's Courtney Vandersloot Becomes First to 2,000 Points, 1,000 Assists - The Daily Fix - WSJ

Even though Louisville is ranked slighty higher (7 vs 11), since they're playing in Gonzaga's home town, Gonzaga is probably the favorite, but I wouldn't count Louisville out. Shoni Schimmel has been on fire, and if she can keep it up, they'll give Gonzaga everything they can handle & maybe more.

I think this one's really too close to call, but I'm picking Louisville.

grunewar Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:02pm

Again?

OSU vs Tenn. ~ 8:00 left in the first half, NC up by a few and scores. Tenn is inbounding the ball w/ no pressure in the backcourt. TWEEEEET!

The T calls the Tenn inbounder for stepping on the court prior to releasing the ball!

Pat Summit went from :eek: to :( . But, I didn't see her go to :mad:

And the booth conversation went typically something like this - Ooh, that was close. Ooh, even on the replay. Yeah, that happens quite a bit. You don't see that called a lot though. Yeah, sometimes officials just let it go.

Raymond Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:06pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by grunewar (Post 744003)
NC vs Tenn. ~ 8:00 left in the first half, NC up by a few and scores. Tenn is inbounding the ball w/ no pressure in the backcourt. TWEEEEET!

You mean Ohio St?

grunewar Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:10pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BadNewsRef (Post 744006)
You mean Ohio St?

Yeah, it was OSU. I fixed it.

Thanks BNR (aka - Mr Wrong Team Picker on Fellow Poster Guy (MWTPFPG)) ;)

Judtech Sat Mar 26, 2011 03:22pm

Looks Like I was a little off on the ND call!

River Ref Sat Mar 26, 2011 09:13pm

You gotta love Pat Summits half time inspirational pep talk. "Sick to my stomach" and her traditional stare downs. Most would wilt if she was in there face.

Nevadaref Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:48pm

As expected by many, Gonzaga rides the home town advantage to a third tourney win. When will NCAAW reach the level at which it can prevent this injustice?

Raymond Sun Mar 27, 2011 08:44am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nevadaref (Post 744119)
As expected by many, Gonzaga rides the home town advantage to a third tourney win. When will NCAAW reach the level at which it can prevent this injustice?

Duke and UNC have done it for years: Greensboro, Winston-Salem, Charlotte, Raleigh.

All defacto home games.

Adam Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:49pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BadNewsRef (Post 744186)
Duke and UNC have done it for years: Greensboro, Winston-Salem, Charlotte, Raleigh.

All defacto home games.

But typically earned by virtue of having the higher seed. I don't think Nevada would have been as upset if the Zags were the higher seed in this game.

grunewar Sun Mar 27, 2011 01:05pm

Ya Gotta Play 40!

Georgetown played UConn very, very well, but could only manage ~ 32 minutes of excellent ball. Good ball game.

I think I even saw Geno sweat. No, really! ;)