The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old Tue Apr 03, 2007, 10:33pm
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 63
Why not the same ref shirts? - NCAAW

Don't know the uniform rules in NCAA-W.....Do the female officials still wear the standard striped shirt.....while the guys have the option to wear the wide side stripe insert?

Why doesn't the crew wear the same style shirt? Tonight, both female officials wore the standard shirt, while the guy wore the wide side stripe insert shirt.

What's the NCAA standing on this one?
__________________
"DITKA Rules!
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old Tue Apr 03, 2007, 11:06pm
Do not give a damn!!
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: On the border
Posts: 28,801
I will say this again. Why do people care so much about this?

Peace
__________________
"When the phone does not ring, the assignor is calling."
--Black

Charles Michael “Mick” Chambers (1947-2010)
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old Wed Apr 04, 2007, 12:11am
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Canada, eh?
Posts: 1,628
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge
I will say this again. Why do people care so much about this?

Peace
Why do we care if the players' shirts are tucked in?
__________________
HOMER: Just gimme my gun.
CLERK: Hold on, the law requires a five-day waiting period; we've got run a background check...
HOMER: Five days???? But I'm mad NOW!!
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old Wed Apr 04, 2007, 12:26am
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Pasadena Ca
Posts: 281
Send a message via AIM to TRef21
Quote:
Originally Posted by BearBoy
Don't know the uniform rules in NCAA-W.....Do the female officials still wear the standard striped shirt.....while the guys have the option to wear the wide side stripe insert?

Why doesn't the crew wear the same style shirt? Tonight, both female officials wore the standard shirt, while the guy wore the wide side stripe insert shirt.

What's the NCAA standing on this one?
For the 2006-2007 season the NCAA Rule Books states under Rule 2.1 art.2 The officials' uniform shall be a black-and-white striped shirt, which may have a 3-inch wide black insert, and black pants.

For some of the conference's I'm in we are allowed to wear it if the whole crew has it. I guess it's a preference. I think I saw a women's game early this season where the crew was wearing it. I know for a fact from an officiating supplier that women do wear them because she had a bunch of small in the men's size since the womens cut was made yet.
__________________
Tommy
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old Wed Apr 04, 2007, 12:27am
Huck Finn
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,347
Quote:
Originally Posted by canuckrefguy
Why do we care if the players' shirts are tucked in?
Because the rules say so! Can you say the same about the refs' shirts?
__________________
"Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are." -- John Wooden
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old Wed Apr 04, 2007, 01:25am
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Canada, eh?
Posts: 1,628
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomegun
Because the rules say so! Can you say the same about the refs' shirts?
Fine, Mr. Smarty-pants. So why do we have the rule?
__________________
HOMER: Just gimme my gun.
CLERK: Hold on, the law requires a five-day waiting period; we've got run a background check...
HOMER: Five days???? But I'm mad NOW!!
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old Wed Apr 04, 2007, 07:20am
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRef21
For the 2006-2007 season the NCAA Rule Books states under Rule 2.1 art.2 The officials' uniform shall be a black-and-white striped shirt, which may have a 3-inch wide black insert, and black pants.

For some of the conference's I'm in we are allowed to wear it if the whole crew has it. I guess it's a preference. I think I saw a women's game early this season where the crew was wearing it. I know for a fact from an officiating supplier that women do wear them because she had a bunch of small in the men's size since the womens cut was made yet.
Thanks for your help....TRef21!
__________________
"DITKA Rules!
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old Wed Apr 04, 2007, 08:05am
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 477
Quote:
Originally Posted by canuckrefguy
Why do we care if the players' shirts are tucked in?
Because it's our job to care. What's your point because you're comparing apples to oranges here.
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old Wed Apr 04, 2007, 09:55am
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 944
I'm kind of curious as to why the NCAA or one of the sponsors doesn't just provide uniforms for the Final Four officials to wear. It's certainly cheap enough compared to the amount of money the NCAA is earning.

Or is the wearing of different uniforms considered colorful, like in All-star games where each player wears their own home or away uniform instead of a league provided all-star uniform? Sort of emphasizing how each official is from a different conference, or something like that?
__________________
I couldn't afford a cool signature, so I just got this one.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
GD Shirts buckeyetc71 Baseball 1 Wed Mar 21, 2007 06:08am
Gray shirts or striped shirts? zebraman Basketball 15 Mon Apr 24, 2006 02:06pm
basketball size for ncaaw & ncaam [email protected] Basketball 2 Wed Apr 05, 2006 12:09pm
NCAAW Rule chayce Basketball 2 Sun Nov 27, 2005 05:14pm
OC Shirts Texas Aggie Basketball 6 Mon Nov 14, 2005 09:50am


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:43pm.



Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.0 RC1