The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sat Jan 22, 2011, 10:57pm
Official Forum Member

NCAA question

Is there such a thing as a "bench warning" on the HC in NCAA-M? The Creighton HC today (It was on ESPN2 so some of you may have seen it) was on the court and screaming at the Trail after a no call under the basket and with the other team advancing the ball up the court. The Trail stopped the game and had the scorer record something. Granted, the PA guy announced it as a "bench warning", so that could be wrong. The only other thing he could have done is whack him.
Old Sat Jan 22, 2011, 11:04pm
Lighten up, Francis.

A few years ago, there was a "warning" mechanic introduced (I don't know if an official warning was written into the rules). It was a warning for coaching outside the coaching box. It was NOT intended to be used on a coach who was disputing a call or yelling at an official. It was solely to be used as a reminder to stay in the box.
Old Sun Jan 23, 2011, 12:02am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper1 View Post
A few years ago, there was a "warning" mechanic introduced (I don't know if an official warning was written into the rules). It was a warning for coaching outside the coaching box. It was NOT intended to be used on a coach who was disputing a call or yelling at an official. It was solely to be used as a reminder to stay in the box.
He was out of the box (On the court), so that part makes sense, but he was definitely disputing a call and yelling at the official. Granted, I wasn't the guy calling the game, but I was for sure a T was coming. I was pretty surprised by how they handled it, hence the question.