The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Dec 14, 2010, 01:30pm
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zm1283 View Post
He answered your question. The Trail and Lead are on the same side of the court. In 2-man mechanics, the Trail would have a hard time seeing when the ball is touched in the corner right in front of the Lead. Not so in 3-man.
Eh, I don't buy that one. I'm not looking directly at it -- I can sense or see via peripheral vision when the ball's been touched. It would be just as easy to mirror as the T 2-person as it is as the T 3-person.
Old Tue Dec 14, 2010, 01:44pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zm1283 View Post
He answered your question. The Trail and Lead are on the same side of the court. In 2-man mechanics, the Trail would have a hard time seeing when the ball is touched in the corner right in front of the Lead. Not so in 3-man.
I disagree. We've had the trail chop in time in my area in 2 person and had no problems doing so. It's not hard to see out of one's peripheral vision and see when the ball is touched. One doesn't have to be ball watching to see this.
Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some, given a chance to climb, they refuse. They cling to the realm, or the gods, or love. Illusions.

Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is.

Old Tue Dec 14, 2010, 05:40pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back In The Saddle View Post
As T in back court in 2 person you want to mentally divide the court into "vertical thirds". You don't want to be farther from the play than the adjacent third. So if the ball goes into the "far" third, you should be at least in the middle third. If it's in the middle third, you can be in the "near" third or the middle third, wherever you'll get the best angle on the play and can still get to the next likely play.
I've got a much simpler rule of thumb that works for both lead and trail, frontcourt or backcourt....
Never be more than approximately one half the width of the court from the imaginary line that goes through the ball from endline to endline.
When the ball is at the far sideline...whether it is in the trails primary or not, that will put the trail near the center of the court. It means that the lead will cross the paint when the ball is at the far sideline. It works 100% of the time when the ball is in your primary and works 99% of the time when it is not. Of course, you can certainly move closer than 1/2 the court width when the ball is on your side.
Old Tue Dec 14, 2010, 05:46pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camron Rust View Post
I've got a much simpler rule of thumb that works for both lead and trail, frontcourt or backcourt....
Never be more than approximately one half the width of the court from the imaginary line that goes through the ball from endline to endline.
When the ball is at the far sideline...whether it is in the trails primary or not, that will put the trail near the center of the court. It means that the lead will cross the paint when the ball is at the far sideline. It works 100% of the time when the ball is in your primary and works 99% of the time when it is not. Of course, you can certainly move closer than 1/2 the court width when the ball is on your side.
I admire the simplicity of your math