The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Nov 05, 2010, 07:20pm
Official Forum Member

Arrival Bag Question

When arriving to a game with your uniform. Do you use a bag where you can fold your shirt and pant inside or do you have a a bag where you can hang them up inside?? I find it hard to keep our uniform clean and pressed when folding in a regular carry bag.

Thanks!
Old Fri Nov 05, 2010, 07:22pm
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDurham View Post
When arriving to a game with your uniform. Do you use a bag where you can fold your shirt and pant inside or do you have a a bag where you can hang them up inside?? I find it hard to keep our uniform clean and pressed when folding in a regular carry bag.

Thanks!
Wheelie bag. There are accessories you can purchase to use to fold your pants and shirts around.
Old Fri Nov 05, 2010, 08:25pm
9/11 - Never Forget

Send a message via Yahoo to grunewar
As BNR suggests......

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadNewsRef View Post
Wheelie bag. There are accessories you can purchase to use to fold your pants and shirts around.
I too use a wheelie bag. Several yrs ago, someone on the forum suggested this:

Eagle Creek Pack-It Folder 15

I really like it and my uniform gets to my games looking pretty good every time.
Old Fri Nov 05, 2010, 08:36pm
Official Forum Member

If you don't want to go the "wheelie route"; buy a box of Ziploc Big Bags.

Fold your shirt neatly. Lay out your pants out on a flat surface, from the cuffs fold the legs up about halfway, place your folded shirt on top of the folded pant legs. Now from the waist fold the rest of the pants down and over the shirt.
Carefully slide this folded "black square" into a Ziploc Big Bag and seal the bag.

If you play around a bit with the folding, you can get a fold that fits snug when you slide the folded shirt and pants into the Ziploc Big Bag and they won't slide around. Don't squeeze out all the air when you seal the Ziploc. The air acts as a cushion and prevents wrinkles (not that the fabrics used these days ref's shirts and pants wrinkle that much). Place the bag with the folded shirt and pants on the top layer of what you have packed in your carry bag and you'll be fine when you get to the game site.
Old Fri Nov 05, 2010, 10:15pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDurham View Post

Thanks!
Hard to keep it clean? What do you put in your bag that gets them dirty?
Old Sat Nov 06, 2010, 01:41am
Archaic Power Monger

I use a small wheeled suitcase. I fold both pairs of pants so that they fit lengthwise in the bottom of the suitcase, then lay the folded shirts, undershirts and underarmor bottoms on top. Lastly I place my folded jacket on top and secure the whole bundle with the luggage straps. Everything stays neatly tucked together and wrinkle free when they come out of the bag.