The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old Sat Mar 27, 2010, 05:38pm
Huck Finn
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,347
Ball on floor K-State/Butler

Burr just put the ball in the floor and hit his whistle on the inbound instead of handing the official the ball. This happened when the ball was staying in the front on the end line. I don't know, it didn't make much sense and it didn't look like the player was delaying.
__________________
"Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are." -- John Wooden
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old Sat Mar 27, 2010, 05:44pm
Huck Finn
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,347
Dick Cartmell (sp?) called basket interference from the Lead. It was hard to tell if the C didn't make it down court, but the play was a break.
__________________
"Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are." -- John Wooden
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old Sat Mar 27, 2010, 05:49pm
9/11 - Never Forget
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 5,642
Send a message via Yahoo to grunewar
Saw em too Tomegun

KSU simply got outplayed at the end......

I thought they would put time back on the clock at the 1:00 mark, but I guess Burr decided against it. I thought the ball went into the crowd under the basket preventing KSU from inbounding or there was a TO called. Shrug - made no never mind.

PS - I like that young Butler Coach.
__________________
There was the person who sent ten puns to friends, with the hope that at least one of the puns would make them laugh. No pun in ten did.
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old Sat Mar 27, 2010, 05:56pm
In Memoriam
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Hell
Posts: 20,211
Quote:
Originally Posted by grunewar View Post
KSU simply got outplayed at the end......

I thought they would put time back on the clock at the 1:00 mark, but I guess Burr decided against it. I thought the ball went into the crowd under the basket preventing KSU from inbounding or there was a TO called. Shrug - made no never mind.

PS - I like that young Butler Coach.
They reviewed it. The ball went through at 1:01 so the clock is supposed to keep running. That's why time wasn't put back on the clock.

And I like the Butler coach too. Very calm and composed, and I think that his players feed off of that.

Well officiated game overall, I thought.
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old Sat Mar 27, 2010, 06:52pm
certified Hot Mom tester
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: only in my own mind, such as it is
Posts: 12,918
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomegun View Post
Burr just put the ball in the floor and hit his whistle on the inbound instead of handing the official the ball. This happened when the ball was staying in the front on the end line. I don't know, it didn't make much sense and it didn't look like the player was delaying.
I saw that too and I agree it didn't look like the player was delaying at all. However, the coach and players didn't say anything. The player picked the ball right up and inbounded, but almost threw the ball away on his inbound pass.
__________________
Yom HaShoah
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old Sat Mar 27, 2010, 07:19pm
SAJ SAJ is offline
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 183
Why does Burr's backcourt count consist of just a simple hand out...one finger...two finger...three finger...etc.? I thought the correct mechanic was the arm swing.
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old Sat Mar 27, 2010, 08:36pm
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 1,049
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAJ View Post
Why does Burr's backcourt count consist of just a simple hand out...one finger...two finger...three finger...etc.? I thought the correct mechanic was the arm swing.
Because he is Jim Burr
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old Sat Mar 27, 2010, 08:39pm
Do not give a damn!!
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: On the border
Posts: 30,227
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay R View Post
Because he is Jim Burr
And because no one would care.
__________________
Let us get into "Good Trouble."
-----------------------------------------------------------
Charles Michael “Mick” Chambers (1947-2010)
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old Sat Mar 27, 2010, 08:44pm
In Memoriam
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Hell
Posts: 20,211
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrutledge View Post
and because no one would care.
+1
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old Sat Mar 27, 2010, 08:55pm
Courageous When Prudent
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Hampton Roads, VA
Posts: 14,555
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAJ View Post
Why does Burr's backcourt count consist of just a simple hand out...one finger...two finger...three finger...etc.? I thought the correct mechanic was the arm swing.
At one time I'm sure he did use the correct mechanic.
__________________
A-hole formerly known as BNR
Reply With Quote
  #11 (permalink)  
Old Sat Mar 27, 2010, 09:51pm
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,842
I thought the KS player was delaying, so Burr put ball on floor. Terrific!

What about when a TO was called and a kentuck player slammed ball down around midcourt, bounced pretty darn high. I think it was right in front of Curtis Shaw who rightfully called a T on a whiny kentucky player earlier. Loved it.
Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)  
Old Sat Mar 27, 2010, 10:46pm
certified Hot Mom tester
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: only in my own mind, such as it is
Posts: 12,918
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullor30 View Post
What about when a TO was called and a kentuck player slammed ball down around midcourt, bounced pretty darn high.
It was obvious to me (and I'm thousands of miles away) that he was upset with his team's play, not anything regarding the officiating. At that level, it's virtually an automatic no call.
__________________
Yom HaShoah
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old Sat Mar 27, 2010, 11:07pm
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 2,191
Quote:
The ball went through at 1:01 so the clock is supposed to keep running. That's why time wasn't put back on the clock.
You're wrong. The announcer clearly said it was to review when Martin called a TO.

Sheesh. Whoever that guy was made a fool out of himself.
Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old Sun Mar 28, 2010, 12:01am
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: The 503
Posts: 785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Aggie View Post
You're wrong. The announcer clearly said it was to review when Martin called a TO.

Sheesh. Whoever that guy was made a fool out of himself.
I think it was Len Elmore, who was going on and on about how a foul should have been called at the end of regulation in the KSU/Xavier game Thursday. Not that great a weekend for him.
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old Sun Mar 28, 2010, 06:47am
9/11 - Never Forget
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 5,642
Send a message via Yahoo to grunewar
Saw it too

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark padgett View Post
it was obvious to me (and i'm thousands of miles away) that he was upset with his team's play, not anything regarding the officiating. At that level, it's virtually an automatic no call.
+1
__________________
There was the person who sent ten puns to friends, with the hope that at least one of the puns would make them laugh. No pun in ten did.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Murray State vs. Butler - Player Control CDurham Basketball 11 Sun Mar 21, 2010 03:55pm
Butler vs. Wisconsin-Milwaukee SamIAm Basketball 8 Thu Feb 19, 2009 08:14pm
Touching ball to floor sj Basketball 19 Sat Jun 16, 2007 04:17pm
Touching Ball To Floor Sven Basketball 5 Mon Jan 24, 2005 10:13pm
Ball on the floor dhodges007 Basketball 20 Thu Apr 05, 2001 11:43pm


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:20am.



Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.0 RC1