Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Tue Mar 16, 2010, 02:02pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to tjchamp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaqwells View Post
The fact that the OP said he didn't see the actual foul leads me to believe it was not the inbounder who was fouled. Everyone is watching the thrower on this play.

Further, the part in red is not necessarily true. It is not the nature of the player (inbounder or thrower) that causes this to be intentional, it's the location of the contact with respect to the OOB plane.
I want to make sure I understand this correctly. After a made basket, the throw in team has a second person OOB, maybe waiting to receive a pass (not the thrower at this point). If a defender fouls this non-thrower, are we to call an intentional foul on this, or could we call a common foul. 9-3-10P4 indicates: If an opponent(s) of the thrower reaches through the throw-in boundaryline plane and fouls the thrower, an intentional personal foul shall be charged to the offender. No warning for delay required.