The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Mar 10, 2010, 11:56pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tio View Post
The game was officiated by 3 NCAA tournament officials: Dick Cartmell, Mark Reischling, and Ken Ditty.

While they probably would agree their game wasn't perfect, I think we need to support our brothers in arms rather than criticize their positioning.

That was a hardfought, physical basketball game. Had there not been 3 officials that the coaches respected, it could have been a melee.
Just throwing this out there...is it possible if they were in better position, and as a result of being in better position blew the whistle more, it wouldn't have gotten so physical?
Old Thu Mar 11, 2010, 12:41pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyezen View Post
Just throwing this out there...is it possible if they were in better position, and as a result of being in better position blew the whistle more, it wouldn't have gotten so physical?
Eyezen - I would recommend keeping your criticism to a minimum. Bashing 3 bigdogs in the WCC will not help your career out.

I think the game was physical... and there is nothing wrong with a physical game. These teams are rivals...so it should be expected. A game with "rough play" is an issue. Managing a rivalry game is a HUGE task... compounded by the fact that the game was getting out of hand and Gonzaga isn't used to losing.
Old Thu Mar 11, 2010, 01:00pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tio View Post
Eyezen - I would recommend keeping your criticism to a minimum. Bashing 3 bigdogs in the WCC will not help your career out.

I think the game was physical... and there is nothing wrong with a physical game. These teams are rivals...so it should be expected. A game with "rough play" is an issue. Managing a rivalry game is a HUGE task... compounded by the fact that the game was getting out of hand and Gonzaga isn't used to losing.
Hyperbole much? Bashing is saying they sucked. I dont recall saying anything near that. The OP had to do with understanding where others were coming from when describing their actions on the court. And why is my HS career your concern? People on this very same board say way worse.

Last edited by eyezen; Thu Mar 11, 2010 at 01:26pm.