Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun Feb 28, 2010, 08:45pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Dewey Defeats Truman ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 26 Year Gap View Post
Pretty sad that morons like the 7 on 5 guy have the power to select officials for the tournament.
Believe it, or not, the coaches actually do a pretty good job, with only a few exceptions, of selecting our best peer rated officials. After all, they never select me, so that proves that they do a pretty good job.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)
Old Tue Mar 02, 2010, 07:30am
Esteemed Forum Member

Mea Culpa ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 26 Year Gap View Post
Pretty sad that morons like the 7 on 5 guy have the power to select officials for the tournament.
The seven against five coach pulled a Tiger Woods and wrote a letter of apology to everybody except his mother.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)
Old Tue Mar 02, 2010, 09:47am
I got a Basketball Jones!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
The seven against five coach pulled a Tiger Woods and wrote a letter of apology to everybody except his mother.
He probably needed to dictate it as his arm was in a sling from all the twisting it took to convince him to own up.
Old Wed Mar 03, 2010, 09:08am
MABO Member

Do Coaches never learn?

I had to toss only the second coach in my 29 year career last night. Boys grade 10 (JV) COnference Division Semi's.

Home team is up by 28 in the second quarter and the visitors just quit trying. they are walking up and down the court, get into the front court and jack up 3's that were not going in. The home team decided to use his bench in the 3rd and rest his starters. The lead is slowly getting knocked down to where its only aroud 11. This has been a fast game and really haven't had any fouls to call all game (what do you expect when they are not playing defense). Well finally the visiting team realizes they have a shot if they would only try, and the home coaach puts his starters back in.

Coaches superstar goes up for a 3 pt shot ad the D contests the shot. I had a clear look and the D jumped right past the shooter. Coach looks at me and says "what no foul?". I reply and say "No contact coach." He looks right at me and says "If you didnt hear that then your an idiot!" That got him his first T. Now he decides he should challenge me and walks right up in my "personal space" and says, "Oh yea now that thing works, your a real tough guy calling me, you gonna show us how tough you are and flex some more." Well that got him tossed from the game. We shot 4 shots and finished the 4 th qtr. Problem is if his team had not quit on him then they may have had a chance.

Now I'm not a little guy, 6'04", 225 lbs. But I am also not what you'd call a muscle head so I don't know where these coments came from.

All references/comments are intended for educational purposes. Opinions are free.