The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun Jan 10, 2010, 10:11pm
Official Forum Member

Need a quick pair of pants

I'm having trouble locating my pants after a recent move and I have a game Tuesday. It's time to add another pair to the rotation, and rather than spend all day tomorrow opening boxes (why they aren't with my shirts I don't know), I'd like to buy a new pair.

Any suggestions on where to buy a nice pair? I've always bought online, but don't have time. I'll have access to just about any store. I'm thinking of trying to find a Sansabelt dealer, but if there's something else I should look at at a Dillard's or JC Penney I'd love to hear it.

Thanks in advance.
Old Sun Jan 10, 2010, 10:14pm
Stop staring at me swan.

If you need a pair that fast, try to borrow a pair from somebody in your association until you can get the right pair from a dealer...penny's or whatever store, while great stores probably won't stock what you need.

If you have an official's supply store, obviously that should be your first stop, then a place that can do the alternation same day.
Old Sun Jan 10, 2010, 10:20pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdw3018 View Post
I'm having trouble locating my pants after a recent move and I have a game Tuesday. It's time to add another pair to the rotation, and rather than spend all day tomorrow opening boxes (why they aren't with my shirts I don't know), I'd like to buy a new pair.

Any suggestions on where to buy a nice pair? I've always bought online, but don't have time. I'll have access to just about any store. I'm thinking of trying to find a Sansabelt dealer, but if there's something else I should look at at a Dillard's or JC Penney I'd love to hear it.

Thanks in advance.
Not sure if you have a Kohl's nearby, but if so, you can get a pair of Haggar Cool 18s -- expandable waist with multiple lengths that will likely work for you. About $35. You can either get a same day tailor to remove the belt loops or do it yourself -- takes an hour or two.
Old Sun Jan 10, 2010, 10:26pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to StripesOhio
I buy my pants from Kohl's and they are great. Comfortable, flexible and durable.

But I still have my belt-loops. lol
Old Sun Jan 10, 2010, 10:28pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StripesOhio View Post
I buy my pants from Kohl's and they are great. Comfortable, flexible and durable.

But I still have my belt-loops. lol
Do you buy the Haggars or is there another brand you like?
Old Sun Jan 10, 2010, 11:08pm
Official Forum Member

Black Pockets?

Do these pants have "black pockets" or the Rodney Dangerfield "white pockets" look? If you wear pants w/ white pockets, should you wear white socks/belt to accompany?
Old Sun Jan 10, 2010, 11:09pm
M.A.S.H.

I'd see if you could borrow a pair from someone in your association and then order from your normal officiating supplier. I'd certainly hate to get something I've never tried and then not like them and be stuck with them.

I don't know if you normally wear Sansabelts, but if you do the best price I've found is from The Referee's Call.
Old Sun Jan 10, 2010, 11:22pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by knockitoff View Post
Do these pants have "black pockets" or the Rodney Dangerfield "white pockets" look? If you wear pants w/ white pockets, should you wear white socks/belt to accompany?
If your pants fit properly, the inside of the pockets will not show. The Haggar Cool 18s (which are actually golf pants -- hence they are comfortable) have off white pockets inside.

I would suggest you stay away from the white socks, but that's just me.
Old Mon Jan 11, 2010, 12:27am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to StripesOhio
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdw3018 View Post
Do you buy the Haggars or is there another brand you like?
They are Axist brand. And they don't have white pockets.