The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Thu Feb 25, 2010, 06:56pm
Official Forum Member

Wacked by coach

Girls first round varsity tournament game. Coaches have been pretty excitable the whole game as it was close most of the game. Home team is in the process of blowing their 4th quarter lead and the "coach speak" is escalating. Home team is up one with 18 sec to to and the visiting team takes misses a three gets the rebound and eventually hits a tough three from the corner fading into the stands. Place goes nuts (lots of visiting fans).
I was the center with my back to the benches and the home coach must have been trying to call a time out which I could not hear. My parter "the lead" comes out as he could see him and gives him is timeout with 6 sec. on the game clock. He is down by 1 now and pissed of course. I am at the table double checking the fouls and time outs. As he heads back to his bench he wacks my arm out of the way in disgust as he goes by.
Guys, I just bit my tounge and glared at him. If I bang him there, obviously its two shot and the ball for the visiting team and no last second try for him, or in other words "BALL GAME". No tech called, they miss the last second try, we (MASS) do not stay for any handshakes.
As we are leaving the gym with the AD, he follows us down the stairs towards the locker room screaming "what a disgrace......" and this with some of his girls with him.
I know we give a little more leeway during "tournament" games and like to let the players decide the outcome etc., but what would you guys have done.
We have written him up to the MIAA and his AD.