The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Feb 02, 2010, 08:17am
Official Forum Member

I didn't see the game and I just watched the video w/out sound at work. Did the officials use the monitor to determine who had the throw-in following the ball going OOB? I'm not real familiar with NCAA-M rules, but it was my impression that you could not use the monitor for this situation. Did they kick this or am I wrong?

I would tend to guess that I'm somehow wrong on this. That's a VERY experienced crew (Mike Kitts, Les Jones, and Jim Haney)
Old Tue Feb 02, 2010, 08:38am
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by biz View Post
I didn't see the game and I just watched the video w/out sound at work. Did the officials use the monitor to determine who had the throw-in following the ball going OOB? I'm not real familiar with NCAA-M rules, but it was my impression that you could not use the monitor for this situation. Did they kick this or am I wrong?

I would tend to guess that I'm somehow wrong on this. That's a VERY experienced crew (Mike Kitts, Les Jones, and Jim Haney)
Using the link below, scroll down on the left and click on the story labelled "Big East admits errors by officials..."

courier-journal.com | Louisville Sports | The Courier-Journal

That gives some info but not a complete explanation. And most league offices, including the Big East, try to keep it that way imo. They don't need good officials being crucified because of a human error.
Old Tue Feb 02, 2010, 09:06am
Official Forum Member

Huh!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee View Post
Using the link below, scroll down on the left and click on the story labelled "Big East admits errors by officials..."

courier-journal.com | Louisville Sports | The Courier-Journal

That gives some info but not a complete explanation. And most league offices, including the Big East, try to keep it that way imo. They don't need good officials being crucified because of a human error.
Here's the part of the article that I enjoyed - "In the Cards' Jan.16 overtime loss at Pittsburgh, officials let a Pitt player run the baseline on an inbounds play in the final minute when he should have been called for a walk." Is he saying what I think that he's saying?
Old Tue Feb 02, 2010, 09:19am
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lcubed48 View Post

Here's the part of the article that I enjoyed - "In the Cards' Jan.16 overtime loss at Pittsburgh, officials let a Pitt player run the baseline on an inbounds play in the final minute when he should of been called for leaving the designated spot.." Is he saying what I think that he's saying?
He's saying that a player got away with running the endline on a designated-spot throw-in. He's just using the wrong terminology to say that. Replace "a walk" with "leaving the designated spot", as above, and you'll get what he should have said.

Last edited by Jurassic Referee; Tue Feb 02, 2010 at 09:22am. Reason: Corrected for proper usage of "should of".
Old Tue Feb 02, 2010, 09:20am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lcubed48 View Post
he should have been called for a walk."
I can't believe he didn't use the now-proper "he should OF been called for a walk."
Old Tue Feb 02, 2010, 09:24am
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob jenkins View Post
I can't believe he didn't use the now-proper "he should OF been called for a walk."
Good point. I went back and edited my post to make the change.

See "reason for editing".
Old Tue Feb 02, 2010, 11:22am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee View Post
He's saying that a player got away with running the endline on a designated-spot throw-in. He's just using the wrong terminology to say that. Replace "a walk" with "leaving the designated spot", as above, and you'll get what he should of said.
JR,

If you are going to correct it in one place, be sure to correct it in all places. This is simply sloppy work on your part and in the future, we here at Officiating.com, will expect more attention to detail from you going forward.

Regards,

Management

Old Tue Feb 02, 2010, 02:16pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBall_Junkie View Post
JR,

Regards,

Management

Manage this!

Regards,

JR.