The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sat Jan 23, 2010, 01:27pm
Official Forum Member

Technical administration

A1 is fouled by B1 at the end of the quarter. During the free throws, with no one on the line a technical foul is called on B's coach.

Do you:
1) Administer the free throws for the T immediately after A1's free throws and start the quarter with it being A's ball due to the T.

2) Start the next quarter with the free throws for the T then give the ball to team A.

3) Shoot the free throws for the T, start the next quarter and give the ball to whoever is entitled to it using the AP.

I think I know how I would do it, just cannot locate a scenerio in the rule or case book.

Thanks.
Old Sat Jan 23, 2010, 01:28pm
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mj View Post
A1 is fouled by B1 at the end of the quarter. During the free throws, with no one on the line a technical foul is called on B's coach.

Do you:
1) Administer the free throws for the T immediately after A1's free throws and start the quarter with it being A's ball due to the T.

2) Start the next quarter with the free throws for the T then give the ball to team A.

3) Shoot the free throws for the T, start the next quarter and give the ball to whoever is entitled to it using the AP.

I think I know how I would do it, just cannot locate a scenerio in the rule or case book.

Thanks.
When does the quarter end?