The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Jan 13, 2010, 01:10am
Official Forum Member

Techs before the game

At the 12 min mark in warm-ups A1 dunks the ball. Then 3 minutes late Team B dunks the ball. How do we administer it? Is it a double T and we start with the jump ball and just sit the coaches or would it be something else? Please include references.
Old Wed Jan 13, 2010, 01:15am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Kent View Post
At the 12 min mark in warm-ups A1 dunks the ball. Then 3 minutes late Team B dunks the ball. How do we administer it? Is it a double T and we start with the jump ball and just sit the coaches or would it be something else? Please include references.
No they are not double Ts. These are separate acts that were not done to same opponents so it cannot be a double T. You administer them in the order that they took place and the last team that committed the act, their opponent shoots the FTs and you give the ball to the other team at the division line.

Peace
Old Wed Jan 13, 2010, 01:16am
M.A.S.H.

Nope, doubles occur at approximately the same time. 4-19-8b

Two free throws for B, then two free throws for A. Team A gets the ball at the division line for throw-in and the arrow is set towards Team B's basket when the ball is at the disposal of Team A's thrower. Also, both coaches have lost their coaching box as these technicals are charged indirectly to them. Foul count for both teams is at 1.
Old Wed Jan 13, 2010, 06:22am
9/11 - Never Forget

Send a message via Yahoo to grunewar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Kent View Post
Here's a link w/ discussion to an extremely similar situation.

T for both teams to start game
Old Wed Jan 13, 2010, 06:44am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunewar View Post
Here's a link w/ discussion to an extremely similar situation.

T for both teams to start game
I was going to say, "I thought that we already had thread on this question this week."
Old Wed Jan 13, 2010, 07:04am
9/11 - Never Forget

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadaref View Post
I was going to say, "I thought that we already had thread on this question this week."
And, far be it for me to correct you, but I would have said it was last week!

But, I knew I saw it recently too!
Old Wed Jan 13, 2010, 07:38am
Official Forum Member

As Yogi said, "This is like déjà vu all over again!"

(My favorite part of that is the "like," which he did not use in the Valley-girl sense.)
Old Wed Jan 13, 2010, 09:08am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbyron View Post
As Yogi said, "This is like déjà vu all over again!"

(My favorite part of that is the "like," which he did not use in the Valley-girl sense.)
Valley girls are cool, so is Yogi.
Old Wed Jan 13, 2010, 10:23am
Keeper of the HAMMER

I thought for a moment this was the previous thread. Is there a quiz somewhere with this question?
Old Wed Jan 13, 2010, 03:05pm
Official Forum Member

As an extension to this, how do you notify the teams and the scorers table of the the call. I had this happen in a BJV game last week, and my partner and I were not sure how we should go about letting everyone know.

There was still 10 minutes on the clock, so we decided to wait until 3 - 4 minutes left before teams broke into huddles to let the coaches and scorers table know what had happened and that we would start the game with free throws.
Old Wed Jan 13, 2010, 03:06pm
Official Forum Member

As an extension to this, how do you notify the teams and the scorers table of the the call? I had this happen in a BJV game last week, and my partner and I were not sure how we should go about letting everyone know.

There was still 10 minutes on the clock, so we decided to wait until 3 - 4 minutes left before teams broke into huddles to let the coaches and scorers table know what had happened and that we would start the game with free throws.
Old Wed Jan 13, 2010, 03:10pm
M.A.S.H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smginnis View Post
As an extension to this, how do you notify the teams and the scorers table of the the call. I had this happen in a BJV game last week, and my partner and I were not sure how we should go about letting everyone know.

10.3.3 Situation C:
Fifteen minutes before the game is scheduled to start, team member A1 dunks. Two minutes later A2 dunks. RULING: A1 and A2 are both charged with a technical foul. In addition, the head coach is charged indirectly with a technical foul for each act. The two fouls are team fouls for purpose of reaching bonus. When dunking occurs during the pregame practice period the official notifies the team member and the head coach, but does not sound the whistle. If the game is played in a state which utilizes the optional coaching box, the coach should be informed that he/she has lost the privilege of using the coaching box for the entire game.
Old Wed Jan 13, 2010, 03:11pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smginnis View Post
As an extension to this, how do you notify the teams and the scorers table of the the call? I had this happen in a BJV game last week, and my partner and I were not sure how we should go about letting everyone know.

If we've got a definite dunk pre-game, one of the crew is going to walk over and notify the coach immediately. That gives him the opportunity to get his players to knock it off before they earn him more indirect Ts.

We'll probably notify the book at that time as well, then have a quick discussion with the table right before the start of the game about how we're going to begin the contest.
Old Wed Jan 13, 2010, 03:17pm
9/11 - Never Forget

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdw3018 View Post
If we've got a definite dunk pre-game, one of the crew is going to walk over and notify the coach immediately. That gives him the opportunity to get his players to knock it off before they earn him more indirect Ts.
During a HS V Fall League, one of my P's called the player over after his pre-game dunk and told him to go tell the coach what he had just done and the results.....it was a long, slow walk across the floor for that player.
Old Wed Jan 13, 2010, 03:21pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunewar View Post
During a HS V Fall League, one of my P's called the player over after his pre-game dunk and told him to go tell the coach what he had just done and the results.....it was a long, slow walk across the floor for that player.
Now that's funny.