The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Jan 05, 2010, 06:48pm
Official Forum Member

Thrown in after made bucket

Made bucket ... B1 takes ball out of bounds.

B2 steps out of bounds to to recieve pass from B1 to then become then inbounder and pass back to B1 when B1 steps in bounds.

Question: Can B1 bounce pass the basketball to B2?
Question: Can B2 now run the baseline as well?
Old Tue Jan 05, 2010, 06:51pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Ringo View Post
Yes.

Quote:
Yes.
Old Tue Jan 05, 2010, 10:20pm
I got a Basketball Jones!

Quote:
Made bucket ... B1 takes ball out of bounds.

B2 steps out of bounds to to recieve pass from B1 to then become then inbounder and pass back to B1 when B1 steps in bounds.

Yes, B1 can also stroll or even dribble down the endline to deliver the ball to B2
B2 can run the baseline within the general caveat the 5 second clock is ticking away ever since the ball was 'at the disposal' for team B.

BTW, Johnny Ringo. How long have you been officiating? The nature of your questions exhibits ignorance

Last edited by bob jenkins; Wed Jan 06, 2010 at 09:14am.
Old Tue Jan 05, 2010, 11:51pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by justacoach View Post
Yes, B1 can also stroll or even dribble down the endline to deliver the ball to B2
B2 can run the baseline within the general caveat the 5 second clock is ticking away ever since the ball was 'at the disposal' for team B.

BTW, Johnny Ringo. How long have you been officiating? The nature of your questions exhibits ignorance
This is your edited version? Wow.

Old Wed Jan 06, 2010, 12:21am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Why? Why would you act (by saying something) like that. Everything has to be an attack by some on these boards.

I have posted on here before that this site is a huge reference for many coaches and fans! The posts I have made asking about situations are for those fans and coaches to see from the experts on this board. It is valuable site for many.

99% of people who are not officials don't have a rule book. Don't you realize our society has changed and the way people research or look things up is via Google or a message board.

Old Wed Jan 06, 2010, 12:41am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Why? Why would you act (by saying something) like that. Everything has to be an attack by some on these boards.

I have posted on here before that this site is a huge reference for many coaches and fans! The posts I have made asking about situations are for those fans and coaches to see from the experts on this board. It is valuable site for many.

99% of people who are not officials don't have a rule book. Don't you realize our society has changed and the way people research or look things up is via Google or a message board.
The information that most fans go off of is what they see themselves at games, or from when they played the game.

Yes, it's true a lot of information can be found via Google or other sites, however to get anything from the rule book, those that aren't officials, must either come to a forum like this for an understanding, know someone who is an official, or have a way to get a rule book by buying it.

I have a better understanding of the rules thanks to posting, but also just by reading posts. Also, been learning that there's more to both officiating & working the table than I thought there was.

Speaking of the 2 person OOB throw-in, isn't this normally only used when the defense is using full-court press or are there other times this is used?

The first time I remember seeing this was the DU vs. SU Game. To me, it's interesting that this play isn't done more often.

Last edited by chseagle; Wed Jan 06, 2010 at 12:55am.
Old Wed Jan 06, 2010, 12:43am
M.A.S.H.

Quote:

Maybe you don't own a rules book.... what's a baseline?

Last edited by bob jenkins; Wed Jan 06, 2010 at 09:15am.
Old Wed Jan 06, 2010, 07:23am
In Memoriam

Quote:
My nomination for "Partner Of The Year"......

It's always open season on fanboys or dickhead coaches(not the knowledgable coaches...or the coaches who want to be knowledgable). Crapping on your fellow officials like that ain't very professional.

Sad.

Really sad.

Last edited by bob jenkins; Wed Jan 06, 2010 at 09:15am.
Old Wed Jan 06, 2010, 09:12am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
While I agree that the attack was unwarranted, the underlying question seems valid to me.

You've been here for 3 years, and 440 posts, and I'm sure (95%) that the question you asked has been discussed, and it's pretty basic. So, I have to wonder why you asked it?
Old Wed Jan 06, 2010, 09:13am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chseagle View Post
Speaking of the 2 person OOB throw-in, isn't this normally only used when the defense is using full-court press or are there other times this is used?
What would be the purpose of using it if there was no pressure? Just inbound the ball. That's why you don't see it at other times.

Quote:
The first time I remember seeing this was the DU vs. SU Game. To me, it's interesting that this play isn't done more often.
You need to watch more basketball.
Old Wed Jan 06, 2010, 09:21am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee View Post

It's always open season on fanboys or dickhead coaches(not the knowledgable coaches...or the coaches who want to be knowledgable). Crapping on your fellow officials like that ain't very professional.

Sad.

Really sad.
Beat me to it. The guy is just asking a question, no need to rip him a new one.
Old Wed Jan 06, 2010, 12:42pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjones1 View Post
Maybe you don't own a rules book.... what's a baseline?
The baseline is similar to the half-court line

Or, the endline and division line
Old Wed Jan 06, 2010, 12:43pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee View Post

Crapping on your fellow officials like that ain't very professional.

Sad.

Really sad.
Thanks!
Old Wed Jan 06, 2010, 12:48pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob jenkins View Post
While I agree that the attack was unwarranted, the underlying question seems valid to me.

You've been here for 3 years, and 440 posts, and I'm sure (95%) that the question you asked has been discussed, and it's pretty basic. So, I have to wonder why you asked it?
Bob,

I tried to send you a private message, but you don't accept them. I have never been confrontational or caused any problems on this site. Why you ask:

I have said on here previously that there are several coaches (parents and sometimes players) that have questions regarding the rules. It's very easy for me to post a simple situation and have any of you who are experts answer for the world to see.

Sure, some may have been asked before , but It's possible that I may have missed those times it was discussed.

What is the percentage of the questions that are asked on here are "pretty basic?"

Thanks for having a great resource to all - not only officials.
Old Wed Jan 06, 2010, 06:09pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob jenkins View Post
What would be the purpose of using it if there was no pressure? Just inbound the ball. That's why you don't see it at other times.

You need to watch more basketball.
Bob, I've been watching basketball, however the basketball I've been watching has been inside the endlines & sidelines, as a fan.

It hasn't been till recently that I've been watching the throw-ins more.

Yes as table crew I've been watching everything, but it hadn't sank in about the OOB Plays as I am not thinking like a fan.