The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Dec 14, 2009, 09:50am
#thereferee99

Kicked the heck out of AP throw-in.

Local CYO game, 6th grade boys.
Both teams from same parish, wearing white unis.
Team A will wear red 'pennies'. Very sheer, almost pink over their white unis. All Team A team members wearing no tees or white tees... with red pennies.
Team B has 3 or 4 team members wearing red tees. (local CYO rule is no enforcement of tee shirt restrictions).
So we have a sea of red and white.

A/P throw-in after held ball on the end-line in Team B frontcourt. I'm administering. Don't know if I said white and pointed red, or visa versa.
Arrow is pointing Team B (white), hand ball to A1 (red) who inbounds the ball and off the players go to the other end of the floor. Partner and I are both surprised, but stay with the play.

I know immediately that I have screwed up, but also know what is done is done. No one else in the building knows we've kicked it. Oh well.

My question is...
Who gets the next A/P throw-in?

The arrow was Team B, erroneously gave it to Team A. It was an A/P throw-in that has ended. What is correct procedure? Switch arrow and award Team A next throw-in?

In this sitch next one went to Team B... but suspect that we may have to double down on the inequity here.
Old Mon Dec 14, 2009, 10:08am
Official Forum Member

The arrow stays with Team B in this situation.
Old Mon Dec 14, 2009, 10:46am
Official Forum Member

Right, B keeps the arrow.

And the word you want is 'pinnies'.

Old Mon Dec 14, 2009, 05:19pm
Aleve Titles to Others

Send a message via AIM to 26 Year Gap
Guess that is better than referring to 1908 one cent coins.
Old Mon Dec 14, 2009, 05:52pm
9/11 - Never Forget

Send a message via Yahoo to grunewar
Quote:
Originally Posted by 26 Year Gap View Post
Guess that is better than referring to 1908 one cent coins.
Yeah, but if it's a 1909S VDB Lincoln Cent, I'm all over it!
Old Tue Dec 15, 2009, 07:52am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunewar View Post
I got that one. I still favor the 1943 steel ones, though.
Old Tue Dec 15, 2009, 08:26pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Penny For Your Thoughts ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunewar View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbyron View Post
I got that one. I still favor the 1943 steel ones, though.
mbyron: I hope that you keep it in a safe place. That coin goes for anywhere from $650.00 to $2,200 depending on the grade.

It's nice to see that there other "wheaties" collector's on the Forum. I found two in my change just in the last month. My favorites are the 1943 steel cents, and the 1944 to 1946 cartridge case cents. Some people collect gold Krugerrands. I collect pennies. That should give you an idea of where I stand, economically speaking. I started collecting while working my way through college at an ice cream and sandwich shop. My manager allowed me to buy wheat pennies, Mercury dimes, buffalo nickels, Franklin half dollars, etc., from the cash drawer, and I continued to collect interesting coins when I worked part-time at a country club.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Tue Dec 15, 2009 at 08:31pm.
Old Tue Dec 15, 2009, 11:06pm
Aleve Titles to Others

Send a message via AIM to 26 Year Gap
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
mbyron: I hope that you keep it in a safe place. That coin goes for anywhere from $650.00 to $2,200 depending on the grade.

It's nice to see that there other "wheaties" collector's on the Forum. I found two in my change just in the last month. My favorites are the 1943 steel cents, and the 1944 to 1946 cartridge case cents. Some people collect gold Krugerrands. I collect pennies. That should give you an idea of where I stand, economically speaking. I started collecting while working my way through college at an ice cream and sandwich shop. My manager allowed me to buy wheat pennies, Mercury dimes, buffalo nickels, Franklin half dollars, etc., from the cash drawer, and I continued to collect interesting coins when I worked part-time at a country club.
I used to stop off at the bank after school on Fridays and would check penny rolls. 1944s were so common that they were not set aside. Once in a great while a great find like a 1908 or prior one cent piece would be squirreled away in a roll. Surprised nobody has caught the context. And since we were near the border, King George Canadian pennies were also a nice find.
Old Tue Dec 15, 2009, 11:27pm
#thereferee99

What does that mean...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 26 Year Gap View Post
I used to stop off at the bank after school on Fridays and would check penny rolls. 1944s were so common that they were not set aside. Once in a great while a great find like a 1908 or prior one cent piece would be squirreled away in a roll. Surprised nobody has caught the context. And since we were near the border, King George Canadian pennies were also a nice find.

... "Check penny rolls?"

You would ask for, say, $5 worth of pennies, spill them out on one of the counters, give them the once over, re-roll them (paper tubes back then) and then go back and exchange 'em for bills?