The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Jan 30, 2009, 12:14pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Exclamation The game from heck

Last night, I worked an 8th grade boys "elite" rec game by myself. Don't ask how that happened, I can't type that much. BTW - "elite" is a term used around here to indicate the highest level of independent teams.

Anyway, I wound up ejecting two players from each team in Q1 when all four of them got into a fight that started with one of them putting such a good move on a defender that after he scored, he got up in the defenders face and beat on his own chest while yelling. I knew then that I was in for a real treat. In Q3, I ejected a head coach for throwing his clipboard onto the court in protest over a call (it was an OOB call, for gosh sake) and then after receiving my first T for doing that, he went over and slammed it on the scorers table while yelling "You gotta be kidding me". Buh-bye.

In Q4, I ejected the other team's assistant coach after he received one T for not sitting down after being warned and then he kept on standing. Go figure.

Oh yeah, I had to have the scorer replaced when he refused to record a technical foul on a player for loudly using profanity. Apparently, the player was his son and he refused to believe his son would swear! Believe it or not, I had that happen once before about 11 or 12 years ago. No, it wasn't the same guy.

The home team won by 10, I think. I wasn't really paying attention.

All things considered, it was the most fun I've had on the court in the last few weeks.
Old Fri Jan 30, 2009, 12:19pm
Official Forum Member

whacha got tonite?

Bet you can't top that one.

Last night I had opposite. 1st foul called with 2:03 remaining in 2nd Q. The second and final foul of the night called with 6.6 seconds remaining in the game. It was a 40 point blow out. Teams both in zone the entire night and played under control. I couldn't believe it. This was the most foul free game in over 25 years. It was quick!
Old Fri Jan 30, 2009, 01:15pm
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Padgett View Post
Last night, I worked an 8th grade boys "elite" rec game by myself. Don't ask how that happened, I can't type that much. BTW - "elite" is a term used around here to indicate the highest level of independent teams.

Anyway, I wound up ejecting two players from each team in Q1 when all four of them got into a fight that started with one of them putting such a good move on a defender that after he scored, he got up in the defenders face and beat on his own chest while yelling. I knew then that I was in for a real treat. In Q3, I ejected a head coach for throwing his clipboard onto the court in protest over a call (it was an OOB call, for gosh sake) and then after receiving my first T for doing that, he went over and slammed it on the scorers table while yelling "You gotta be kidding me". Buh-bye.

In Q4, I ejected the other team's assistant coach after he received one T for not sitting down after being warned and then he kept on standing. Go figure.

Oh yeah, I had to have the scorer replaced when he refused to record a technical foul on a player for loudly using profanity. Apparently, the player was his son and he refused to believe his son would swear! Believe it or not, I had that happen once before about 11 or 12 years ago. No, it wasn't the same guy.

All things considered, it was the most fun I've had on the court in the last few weeks.
Do you self-medicate after these games?
Old Fri Jan 30, 2009, 01:17pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:

Elite rec? A contradiction in terms methinks.
Old Fri Jan 30, 2009, 01:27pm
9/11 - Never Forget

Send a message via Yahoo to grunewar
Quote:
And I hope ALL of your games tomorrow are that much fun too!
Old Fri Jan 30, 2009, 02:04pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichMSN View Post
Do you self-medicate after these games?
Also before and during.
Old Fri Jan 30, 2009, 02:45pm
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Also before and during.
Nothing like halftime for knocking down a quick flask.
Old Fri Jan 30, 2009, 03:24pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichMSN View Post
Nothing like halftime for knocking down a quick flask.
I don't drink alcohol. It's all meds.
Old Fri Jan 30, 2009, 03:25pm
Fav theme: Roundball Rock

Q: What is the one game that we will never see Padgett work?

A: A FIBA game that goes to overtime where his partner didn't show up.
Old Fri Jan 30, 2009, 03:44pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by JugglingReferee View Post
A: A FIBA game that goes to overtime where his partner didn't show up.
Nope - I actually worked that game. The final score was the Arkansas Uncledaddies 63.4, the Helena Handbaskets 47.2. The score was metric, of course, under FEEBLE rules. The OT was played in reverse so the fourth quarter was only 4 minutes long. I used an Oscar Meyer Weiner whistle that was held around my neck with a string shaped like a trapezoid and the game was played in Bananastan. I was payed 12 sheckels which translates into a buck three eighty US dollars. I gave out five technicals and three doctor referrals.

HEY - who says I can't find my meds?
Old Fri Jan 30, 2009, 03:54pm
Fav theme: Roundball Rock

Quote:
Nope - I actually worked that game. The final score was the Arkansas Uncledaddies 63.4, the Helena Handbaskets 47.2. The score was metric, of course, under FEEBLE rules. The OT was played in reverse so the fourth quarter was only 4 minutes long. I used an Oscar Meyer Weiner whistle that was held around my neck with a string shaped like a trapezoid and the game was played in Bananastan. I was payed 12 sheckels which translates into a buck three eighty US dollars. I gave out five technicals and three doctor referrals.

HEY - who says I can't find my meds?
HA!

FIBA plays 10 minute quarters!
Old Fri Jan 30, 2009, 05:07pm
We don't rent pigs

Quote:
Last night, I worked an 8th grade boys "elite" rec game by myself. BTW - "elite" is a term used around here to indicate the highest level of independent teams.
Apparently, the powers that be in charge thought "elite" referred to the officiating requirements for the game. And as we all know:

Padgett is in a class by himself.

Lonesome Dove
Old Fri Jan 30, 2009, 05:10pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
HA!

Careful, Mark doesn't understand metric.
Old Fri Jan 30, 2009, 06:45pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Quote:
HA!

In Banastan, they count the minutes on their toes and they only have eight of those.
Old Fri Jan 30, 2009, 08:41pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:

Mark,
Let me guess, Ms. 48 Fouls failed to show.....