The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Dec 07, 2009, 10:20am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKOFL View Post
what are your thoughts on a false multiple foul and how it might relate to this sit? at least one of the attributes of a multiple foul is missing. re:against the same opponent
The real answer is simple. Just determine which was first. Penalize it. In that case the other is to be ignored since it happened during a dead ball.

Play on.
Old Mon Dec 07, 2009, 12:27pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadaref View Post
Do you think that this is the first time that someone has posed this question? Do you think that I have never given any thought to this situation before?

I recall there being a previous thread on this situation on this forum. One of the questions that I posed in trying to help us determine how to properly handle it was to consider what to do if Team B had five team fouls when B1 fouled A1 and at the exact same time B3 fouled A3. Now penalizing both fouls would result in there being seven team fouls against B, so which player from Team A gets awarded the 1-and-1?

As I've previously written the NFHS offers no solution.
do you think that maybe I did not see the other posts. do you think I may actualy want to here your thoughts on this. Everyone is not out to get you. thanks for your past sit. I brings up a good one I had never thought of.
Old Mon Dec 07, 2009, 01:19pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdw3018 View Post
The real answer is simple. Just determine which was first. Penalize it. In that case the other is to be ignored since it happened during a dead ball.

Play on.
Unless the first foul was against a shooter.
Old Mon Dec 07, 2009, 08:00pm
Esteemed Forum Member

"Pleased To Meet You"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaqwells View Post
Unless the first foul was against a shooter.
"Fuel, I would like to introduce you to Fire.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)
Old Mon Dec 07, 2009, 08:16pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadaref
...consider what to do if Team B had five team fouls when B1 fouled A1 and at the exact same time B3 fouled A3. Now penalizing both fouls would result in there being seven team fouls against B, so which player from Team A gets awarded the 1-and-1?
Quote:
Award FTs to A1 or A3?
Quote:
Originally Posted by just another ref View Post
You think the sixth foul puts you in the bonus?? Yikes!
No, I think that you don't read the posts very carefully.
Old Mon Dec 07, 2009, 10:32pm
We don't rent pigs

Quote:
No, I think that you don't read the posts very carefully.
I went back to the OP, which did not specify how many.

I've forgotten your solution to the OP. Declare that one came first? I think, in reality, that's what most of us would do.

Lonesome Dove
Old Mon Dec 07, 2009, 11:43pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Ringo View Post
Fouls called at same time against same team in different areas of the floor ... how do you deal with this?
Was this a test question? I swear this was on the Iowa Closed Book Test and I didn't know how to answer it. I think it said "T or F: Fouls called at same time against same team in different areas of the floor. Ball will be put in play at the division line, opposite the table." I didn't know so I answered true lol

-Josh
Old Tue Dec 08, 2009, 12:02am
Official Forum Member

this was on the KHSAA test

I just took my online test - a question about where the ball is put in play after simultaneous fouls was on there.

Case book, 4.19.10 Simultaneous foul
b1 fouls dribbling a1 near the division line. At approximately the same time, a2 fouls b2 in the lane near Team A's basket. Ruling: This is a simultaneous personal foul. B1 and A2 are charged with personal fouls. the ball shall be put back in play at the point of interruption. Team A is awarded a throw in on the sideline nearest to where the ball was located when the fouls occurred.
Old Tue Dec 08, 2009, 12:09am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmw View Post
I just took my online test - a question about where the ball is put in play after simultaneous fouls was on there.

Case book, 4.19.10 Simultaneous foul
b1 fouls dribbling a1 near the division line. At approximately the same time, a2 fouls b2 in the lane near Team A's basket. Ruling: This is a simultaneous personal foul. B1 and A2 are charged with personal fouls. the ball shall be put back in play at the point of interruption. Team A is awarded a throw in on the sideline nearest to where the ball was located when the fouls occurred.
A simultaneous foul involves two fouls committed by OPPONENTS. The situation being discussed in this thread involves two fouls committed by TEAMMATES.

It seems that you missed that important point.