The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sat Jan 17, 2009, 01:49am
Official Forum Member

Wild Friday!

Had these plays described to me by a friend who does the books at another school in our league in their games tonight! Do these make sense to any of you?

A.Double technical is issued on A11 who promptly gets ejected by rule. Coach A then talks to the official who assessed T's and second T is revoked. I know it is possible for an official to change his/her mind on possession calls, clock situations, etc. but once an official calls a T doesn't it stand?

B.A13 is called for a foul. Official reports it and then about 10 minutes later comes back to the table and revokes the foul. Isn't this outside the window for correctable error as the ball has been in play for a quarter and some change?
Old Sat Jan 17, 2009, 01:57am
We don't rent pigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCalScoreKeeper View Post
Had these plays described to me by a friend who does the books at another school in our league in their games tonight! Do these make sense to any of you?

A.Double technical is issued on A11 who promptly gets ejected by rule. Coach A then talks to the official who assessed T's and second T is revoked. I know it is possible for an official to change his/her mind on possession calls, clock situations, etc. but once an official calls a T doesn't it stand?

B.A13 is called for a foul. Official reports it and then about 10 minutes later comes back to the table and revokes the foul. Isn't this outside the window for correctable error as the ball has been in play for a quarter and some change?
A. Need a bit more information here. He reported two technicals, said that player was ejected, then changed his mind, or signaled two then only reported one?

B. This is not a correctable error, so the time involved is not a factor. Was there a question of who the foul was charged to, or simply a matter of erasing a foul out of the book? No way to do that by rule, as far as I know.

Lonesome Dove
Old Sat Jan 17, 2009, 02:14am
Official Forum Member

In situation A you have it correct in that he reported the second technical, player was ejected, coach talks to ref and second technical is revoked!

With situation B the ref in question reported a foul and then came back ten minutes later and told the table to erase 1 foul assessed to that player. It just seemed weird to me when I heard about it so I thought I'd ask!
Old Sat Jan 17, 2009, 02:32am
We don't rent pigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCalScoreKeeper View Post
In situation A you have it correct in that he reported the second technical, player was ejected, coach talks to ref and second technical is revoked!

With situation B the ref in question reported a foul and then came back ten minutes later and told the table to erase 1 foul assessed to that player. It just seemed weird to me when I heard about it so I thought I'd ask!
Seems weird to me, too.

Lonesome Dove
Old Sat Jan 17, 2009, 11:03am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by just another ref View Post
Seems weird to me, too.
Must be a socal thing.