The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Dec 04, 2008, 07:54pm
Get away from me, Steve.

Game video

I'm the short, fat guy.

Not a lot of whistles shown (I think 2 fouls shown in 5 minutes of highlights -- we called 26 total for the game). 10 3-pointers in the game and I think they showed all of them.

Wisconsin High School Basketball - Boys / Youth Basketball - Boys

My partner Tuesday worked 2 of the first 3 games posted on the site (Craig/Edgewood) and tossed it up for both of them.

Have I mentioned I despise 2-person? You'll notice the play where my partner forgot he wasn't the center and stopped, if you look closely enough.

On my way to Vegas for a conference. 12 days till my next game.

Last edited by Rich; Thu Dec 04, 2008 at 07:57pm.
Old Thu Dec 04, 2008, 09:10pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Good call on that charge.
Old Fri Dec 05, 2008, 01:45pm
Official Forum Member

It was a nice charge call. Just wondering, do you have all the signed consent forms you had the kids parents sign to first video them and second to release their video out to the world? Just wondering.
Old Fri Dec 05, 2008, 01:53pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jritchie View Post
It was a nice charge call. Just wondering, do you have all the signed consent forms you had the kids parents sign to first video them and second to release their video out to the world? Just wondering.
do you honestly think the tv stations go around and get signed release forms from EVERY player they film when they send a camera guy to a game and have the highlights on the 10:00 news 3 hours later? I've seen one of the local stations show highlights from a dozen games in one night... assuming 10 players per team, 2 teams per game, times 12 games... that's 240 release forms they have to get each night in the three hours before they show the footage...

just wondering.
Old Fri Dec 05, 2008, 02:24pm
Official Forum Member

Actually it was just a joke! But seriously the schools responsible for telling the news crews who they don't have release forms for and they should not be put on tv or in the newspaper. We have had problems with a student here in our high school, that did not have release forms for whatever reasons their parents would not sign them, so their team pictures, etc... could not be put on anything or they would have to exclude him out, it was ridiculous. Crazy stuff...
Old Fri Dec 05, 2008, 02:36pm
Official Forum Member

I'm moving to Wisconsin to work HS games!...yea it's only 2-man (which is no fun), but the games last less than five minutes, the kids can really shoot (I don't think I saw any misses), you only call two fouls per game, AND they pay a full game fee. Now I know why the wisconsin guys can work 6 games in a day and still eat all that cheese and drink all that beer later that night....
Old Fri Dec 05, 2008, 02:38pm
Official Forum Member

really... wow, i never would have thought that they would have to have release forms just to put a video on the news or a picture in the program... crazy. sign of the times i guess.
Old Fri Dec 05, 2008, 02:42pm
Official Forum Member

Yeah, they had to totally re-do a lot of the programs for the team. It was a nightmare. Also they had sent the team picture that shouldn't of had him in it, to a school they were going to be in a holiday tourney in and they had to pay to had them re-done as well because they failed to tell them to exclude him from those also..
Old Fri Dec 05, 2008, 03:01pm
Official Forum Member

2-person. Wow. Can hardly remember how to do it.

Nice job of staying with shooter on the three-pointer when you were lead. I did notice your partner stop at C. Funny. From what I saw, pretty good court coverage, call selection and positioning. Your credibility would go up SO much if you'd discipline yourself to drop a few pounds next off-season. You are underselling yourself.
Old Fri Dec 05, 2008, 03:02pm
Official Forum Member

You don't need a release form if you are taking video of someone in a public place.
Old Fri Dec 05, 2008, 04:21pm
Official Forum Member

I've been on the news a couple of times, once in HS and once since. Never had to sign any consent form.

Oh, and they never got my consent to put my pic up on that America's Most Wanted show either.
Old Fri Dec 05, 2008, 04:25pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back In The Saddle View Post
I've been on the news a couple of times, once in HS and once since. Never had to sign any consent form.

Oh, and they never got my consent to put my pic up on that America's Most Wanted show either.
You should talk to your lawyer.

Seriously, we've signed a consent form for my daughter every year she's been in school.
Old Fri Dec 05, 2008, 04:27pm
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiasco View Post
You don't need a release form if you are taking video of someone in a public place.

What if the game is being held at a private school?
Old Fri Dec 05, 2008, 04:31pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichMSN View Post
I'm the short, fat guy.

Not a lot of whistles shown (I think 2 fouls shown in 5 minutes of highlights -- we called 26 total for the game). 10 3-pointers in the game and I think they showed all of them.

Wisconsin High School Basketball - Boys / Youth Basketball - Boys

My partner Tuesday worked 2 of the first 3 games posted on the site (Craig/Edgewood) and tossed it up for both of them.

Have I mentioned I despise 2-person? You'll notice the play where my partner forgot he wasn't the center and stopped, if you look closely enough.

On my way to Vegas for a conference. 12 days till my next game.

Not be picky, but I didn't see much running, it may have just been the few clips that were shown. Of course now with my bum knee, I'm going to look like slow motion.
Old Mon Mar 02, 2009, 01:55pm
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebraman View Post
2-person. Wow. Can hardly remember how to do it.

Nice job of staying with shooter on the three-pointer when you were lead. I did notice your partner stop at C. Funny. From what I saw, pretty good court coverage, call selection and positioning. Your credibility would go up SO much if you'd discipline yourself to drop a few pounds next off-season. You are underselling yourself.
My season is over. Sloppy girls regional final on Saturday.

I found this particular post, because it's been an interesting season.

I worked 40 varsity games this season and from January 5 until today, I've dropped 28 pounds. I'm still not quite at what I'd like to be, but I'm closer. By the start of some summer camps I signed up for, I hope to be. I will say this: My court coverage is remarkably different now than it was just 2 months ago.

If anyone is looking for the discipline to stick with a program, give Weight Watchers Online a try. It really works well.

Last edited by Rich; Mon Mar 02, 2009 at 01:58pm.