The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Mon Mar 31, 2008, 09:39am
Ch1town

Assault

So I'm calling a JAM (Junior Athletics of the Midwest) game yesterday, 6th grade boys feeder team. 2nd half when the game is out of reach, the coach of the losing team says "you are cheating my kids" Tweet - no question I gotta stick him.

Coach then steps to me & calls me every name in the book (racial & swear words) Tweet-tweet I run his a$$. After the game the kids shake hands, coach enters the gym & has more choice words for me "F you b!%&%" I have had more than enough at this point, "you know what coach F you too".

He squared up threw a right cross which caught me flush in the left jaw. I'm shocked more than anything, no stumble no fall just kind of shook it off & (to my surprise) maintained my composure & walked away to find the gym supervisor. I wanted to go CHI on him sooooooooooooooo bad, but I wasn't hurt (just my pride) so I left, filed a police report & investigations are underway! The GM of the league called me & was super apologetic about it, other officials called to check on me, area directors for our HS association called me... I have yet to hear from the assignor. Needless to say, I wont be working for that assignor EVER again.

I never thought it would be me, especially at that level of play. My only concern now is the next time I run into those individuals. I ref players at the MS, HS & Pro-AM level who are affiliated with that organization which by the way won the State Championship this year... I have to deal with the fact that people are going to say I got hit & didn't do anything, I'm a snitch because I went to police (ugh) it's gonna be tough in the hood for me this summer!