The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 3.92 average. Display Modes
Old Thu Oct 09, 2008, 11:46am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick View Post
Pitchers, pitchers, pitchers.
They were missing this year, too.
Old Thu Oct 09, 2008, 03:34pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunewar View Post
I just said - "how bout them SKINS"!" I didn't say anything about a Superbowl, Division Championship or anything - I remain guarded in my optimism....but as you point out, some in this area are already counting their chickens.....

When do you think we'll see a NATS vs O's VRE/Light Rail Series?
I'm 65. I don't think I will ever see this series in my lifetime. Not unless I live to be 150.

BTW, my son is trying to recruit me to "jump on the skins bandwagon". He believes they will be at Tampa. I told him they probably would be there, but they will be spectators. My loyalty has always been, and always will be with America's Team. Yep, I know what happened 2 weeks ago. Doesn't change my loyalty at all.
Old Thu Oct 09, 2008, 03:47pm
In Memoriam

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblref View Post
I'm 65. I don't think I will ever see this series in my lifetime. Not unless I live to be 150.

BTW, my son is trying to recruit me to "jump on the skins bandwagon". He believes they will be at Tampa. I told him they probably would be there, but they will be spectators. My loyalty has always been, and always will be with America's Team. Yep, I know what happened 2 weeks ago. Doesn't change my loyalty at all.
Good choice. Clinton Portis is having a great year until the injuries start.
Old Fri Oct 10, 2008, 07:48am
Courageous When Prudent

As a Phillies fan I would like to thank Manny "for just being Manny" last night.
Old Sun Oct 12, 2008, 01:36pm
In Memoriam

Twins @ Tigers...

...2-3 after two at Ford Field.
Old Sun Oct 12, 2008, 03:05pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
Quote:
Originally Posted by mick View Post
...2-3 after two at Ford Field.
I saw that score, Mick, and said out loud, "Jeez, that's a baseball score". I come here to post about the Sox and see you had the same thought. Did you see the QB run out of the endzone? Did he do it on purpose? I only saw the highlight once, but it looked like he forgot where he was. I can't imagine that, though.

Anyway, the Sox got the split they wanted, although not the mini-sweep that they would've loved. They don't have Lowell for this series and Beckett is just not himself. I don't think he's really healthy after his DL stint in September. He's trying to gut it out, but he just doesn't have it. Lester goes tomorrow, then either Dice-K or Wakefield. (Ortiz is not himself, either, but that goes back to his wrist injury.)
Old Sun Oct 12, 2008, 03:21pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckElias View Post
I saw that score, Mick, and said out loud, "Jeez, that's a baseball score". I come here to post about the Sox and see you had the same thought. Did you see the QB run out of the endzone? Did he do it on purpose? I only saw the highlight once, but it looked like he forgot where he was. I can't imagine that, though.

Anyway, the Sox got the split they wanted, although not the mini-sweep that they would've loved. They don't have Lowell for this series and Beckett is just not himself. I don't think he's really healthy after his DL stint in September. He's trying to gut it out, but he just doesn't have it. Lester goes tomorrow, then either Dice-K or Wakefield. (Ortiz is not himself, either, but that goes back to his wrist injury.)
Yeah I thought that Orlovsky got lost, but I was lost, too.
I thought they played in Detroit, but Orlovsky and I were in Detroit.
Old Sun Oct 12, 2008, 03:39pm
In Memoriam

Before I leave.....

Screw the BoSox!
Old Thu Oct 16, 2008, 10:35pm
Official Forum Member

I wonder if Chuck went to bed when it was 7-0.

It's now 7-6.

Should be an exciting finish.
Old Thu Oct 16, 2008, 11:25pm
M.A.S.H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadaref View Post

It's now 7-6.

I don't know, but lock the thread...lock the thread!!!!

Chuck is surely to find out before too long!!!

Nice comeback, even though I'm rooting for the Rays.
Old Fri Oct 17, 2008, 06:19am
9/11 - Never Forget

Send a message via Yahoo to grunewar
Quote:
"It ain't over, until it's over" Wow!
Old Fri Oct 17, 2008, 08:37am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Actually I went to bed after the 7th when it was 7-4. I know I'm getting old, but 6 am comes really fast when I stay up to watch the ends of these games. At least I got to see Papi get one good swing during this series.

Biggest postseason comeback in 70 years. Biggest postseason comeback in an elimination game ever!!

I can't honestly say that I'm really all that optimistic about coming all the way back, though. Beckett just hasn't been right since the September injury, and except for the last 3 innings last night, the Sox haven't been able to hit at all. They've only won twice in St. Pete all season, and now they have to win 2 in a row? Doesn't seem real likely, but I'll keep watching, obviously. At least last year, they were coming back to Boston for the last two games.

Francona is 8-1 in Sox postseason elimination games. Last night was the anniversary of the only one he's lost. Aaron $%&#@ Boone!!

EDIT: Last night was the anniversary of the Aaron Boone game, but I just realized that was '03 -- before Francona's arrival. So now I have to dig a little more to remember the elimination game the Sox lost with Francona as manager. Must have been '06. . .

Last edited by ChuckElias; Fri Oct 17, 2008 at 09:29am.
Old Fri Oct 17, 2008, 09:44am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckElias View Post
So now I have to dig a little more to remember the elimination game the Sox lost with Francona as manager. Must have been '06. . .
It was the '05 ALDS, when they were swept by the White Sox.
Old Sun Oct 19, 2008, 03:20am
Official Forum Member

Got 11/2 to take the Sox to win the series when they were down 3-1.

Game 7 Sunday night!
Old Sun Oct 19, 2008, 10:43pm
Official Forum Member

Gotta hand it to 'em. Rays beat us up pretty good all season. They had every chance to fold and never did. Congratulations.

A Pedroia home run in the first, and then no more runs. It should've been all over in Game 5. I really thought they were going to get to Garza.