View Single Post
Old Fri Oct 17, 2008, 08:37am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadaref View Post
I wonder if Chuck went to bed when it was 7-0.
Actually I went to bed after the 7th when it was 7-4. I know I'm getting old, but 6 am comes really fast when I stay up to watch the ends of these games. At least I got to see Papi get one good swing during this series.

Biggest postseason comeback in 70 years. Biggest postseason comeback in an elimination game ever!!

I can't honestly say that I'm really all that optimistic about coming all the way back, though. Beckett just hasn't been right since the September injury, and except for the last 3 innings last night, the Sox haven't been able to hit at all. They've only won twice in St. Pete all season, and now they have to win 2 in a row? Doesn't seem real likely, but I'll keep watching, obviously. At least last year, they were coming back to Boston for the last two games.

Francona is 8-1 in Sox postseason elimination games. Last night was the anniversary of the only one he's lost. Aaron $%&#@ Boone!!

EDIT: Last night was the anniversary of the Aaron Boone game, but I just realized that was '03 -- before Francona's arrival. So now I have to dig a little more to remember the elimination game the Sox lost with Francona as manager. Must have been '06. . .

Last edited by ChuckElias; Fri Oct 17, 2008 at 09:29am.