The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun Feb 10, 2008, 10:05am
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by remargo
We are not talking about touching the ball when it is held.

TWO HANDS ON THE BALL, AND DUAL POSSESSION.
Look, remargo, the original dribbler never LOST player control. A teammate grabbing the ball without the dribbler losing it is NOT a loss of player control. All 4 of his teammates, everybody on his bench and his Mommy up in the stands could grab the ball, and if the ball never came loose, the original dribbler still can't dribble again, by rule.

You obviously don't understand what we're talking about. Fine. If you don't have a clue what we're trying to explain to you, that's fine too. You're not an official. Just don't try to tell us that we're wrong when it comes to rules. That might make some of us (not me, I'm laid back and even tempered) just a tetch testy.

Last edited by bob jenkins; Sun Feb 10, 2008 at 10:10am.
Old Sun Feb 10, 2008, 10:07am
Official Forum Member

somebody got it.

this is the answer I have been looking for, but nobody has said it until now.

Thanks to everyone for your input.
Old Sun Feb 10, 2008, 11:12am
Lighten up, Francis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by remargo
this is the answer I have been looking for, but nobody has said it until now.
Nice try, but Dan_ref gave you the answer, I gave you the answer (with the appropriate rule highlighted in red), and Jurrassic gave you the answer.

Be man enough to admit that you simply didn't get it the first time. There's no shame in that. There are lots of things that I didn't understand the first time I saw it on the court.
Old Sun Feb 10, 2008, 01:29pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Lazy ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee
Billy, do you own a rule book? If so, look it up. It sureasheck is an easy one to find.
Jurassic Referee: I don't know how to view your post, real, funny, sarcastic, etc. I'm sure that after reading my posts on this Forum for about three years, you, with you're great basketball intellect (not sarcastic), know that I am an active, "approved", basketball official, who has a rule book.

If you're implying that I'm lazy, OK, you're welcome to your opinion, but I think that some of my posts will show you that I'm willing to actively participate, and give citations, not just post my opinion, when I feel that I may have something to contribute to the discussion.

The reason that I asked you for citations was that, even thought I consider myself to be pretty good with the rules, I'm a member of my local board's training committee, I have often wondered about this situation, that is, by rule, because I agreed with you. Since you seemed so sure of the rule I thought that you could put your finger on the citation in a matter of seconds, certainly a lot faster than I could.

This Forum provides me with answers to a lot of rule, interpretation, and mechanics information. It has made me a better official. Is it wrong of me to take advantage of this, and to hope that knowledgeable posters, like yourself, and a few others, will continue to post reliable and credible information?

I spend a lot of time with my rule book, but when I'm at my computer, I do have other interests, gardening, chemistry, astronomy, meteorology, financial investing, etc. I do not always have a rule book at my computer. At this time of year, it's often packed in my bag.

Last edited by BillyMac; Sun Feb 10, 2008 at 01:57pm.