The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Feb 04, 2008, 11:12am
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by JS 20
Thanks guys. A little update and some more info on the game. I didn't want to write a novel in my first post (only half of one) so i didn't include this at the beginning. Coach got whacked in the 2nd qtr as I described. In the third quarter, kid from the same team (home team) hit the floor. It wasn't in my PCA so I didn't see it. Ball goes out of bounds right after he hits the ground. Parent for home team stands up and yells "if someone gets knocked on their a--, it's a GD foul!!!!". Everyone hears this b/c it isn't crowded. H1 in front of me in the middle of the court, turns around to her and yells "you tell 'em michelle". I really didn't want to T the kid up, i said "you do anything else like that and you're getting a T" and the kid just smirks and walks away. In the 4th qtr, he's on defense in the BC, goes for a tie-up, rips the ball away from the offensive player and stumbles and takes 3 or 4 steps. I hit the whistle and call a walk, he yells "oh my God" and slams the ball down. Whack. Number 2 of the game. If i'd pulled anything like this in 8th grade, i think my coach would have beat me after the game and my parents would have been mad that the coach beat them to it.
Would anyone else here consider having game management remove this fan? BTW, this kid earned a T for inciting the crowd. I'd have called that, too.
Old Mon Feb 04, 2008, 11:25am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaqwells
Would anyone else here consider having game management remove this fan? BTW, this kid earned a T for inciting the crowd. I'd have called that, too.
Yes!! Agree completely!
Old Mon Feb 04, 2008, 11:41am
Official Forum Member

Problem was, my back was to the crowd and I had no idea who did it. I should have t'd the kid up then. I regret not doing so.

As far as rephrashing what I said to the coach, I agree completely. I didn't "bait" the asst. into a T however I certainly left the door open for it to happen as Gimlet25id stated. I'll put this on the list of phrases that don't work. I should have said "coach, the defenders were straight up and your players were initiaing all the contact" and just left it at that.

Last edited by JS 20; Mon Feb 04, 2008 at 11:46am.
Old Mon Feb 04, 2008, 11:49am
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by JS 20
Problem was, my back was to the crowd and I had no idea who did it. I should have t'd the kid up then. I regret not doing so.
Live and learn.
Old Mon Feb 04, 2008, 01:45pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaqwells
Without question. Especially at the 8th grade level. COmpletely unacceptable.