The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Jan 25, 2008, 12:50pm
Official Forum Member

Changing of the guards twice

Interesting....

Started off having the night off when the phone rings about 5:35pm. It is the AD from my home town school, where my daughter still goes. He says hey I have a JV girls game that is suppose to start and no officials have shown up. Can you come out? ( its 5 mins away)

When is the game suppose to start? About 5 mins ago. Ill throw on my gear and head that way. The wife is pulling dinner out of the oven. ( OH YA IM IN THE DOG HOUSE NOW)

Get to the school, run in, take my coat and stuff off on the fly. One of the guys working the varsity game had got thier early so he started the JV game byhimself. I get my shoes on and jump on the court. Took me a few mins to get my head in the game.

First quarter ends and im on my knee retying my shoes when the other official says oh your partner is here now too so you guys can handle the game. So he heads to the locker room and the other guy jumps on the court. Changing of the guards twice.

Game went well, both coaches left me alone all game once they found out I wasnt even suppose to be there. Cant say that they left my second partner alone though.

after thinking about it all night I decided to write my assignor and ask him to find out who the official was that started the game, I realized that his comments kind of had some attitude in them and realized he probably thought I was one of the guys that was suppose to be there and just showed up late.

So i dont want to be paired up with this guy later and him have an attitude because he has ill thoughts about something I had nothing to do with????