The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

View Poll Results: Do you, personally, signal a successful 3-point goal from Lead in 2-person?
Rarely/never 15 35.71%
Depends on whether or not I know my partner will see my attempt signal 11 26.19%
Always 16 38.10%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Jan 09, 2008, 09:21am
Official Forum Member

In my association, the training class teaches the Lead to mirror the Trail. So, I do it as taught in the two person crew. At times I am late with the signal because my focus is off the ball. However, I have noticed that this causes the Lead to ball watch. This seems to be especially true of the rookies until they get more experience.
Old Wed Jan 09, 2008, 10:12am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullor30
Can I ask you for an honest answer? Are you pointing out the error in grammar for the sake of good grammar or because of your history with the poster?
I did it because I had a hard time reading the post without wincing and I have become sick of seeing such on the forum. Therefore, I posted a correction.

What a moderator did, and has now admitted to, was delete a post that contained no insults and no negative comments purely on the basis of how the other poster could have responed. That's akin to calling a foul on a player because he stood near an opponent and the opposing player could take that the wrong way. That's BS, and that's an offense to free speech.

What should have been done was to leave my post alone and delete any inappropriate response made by the other poster. If the other poster can't handle having his writing mistakes pointed out and corrected on a public forum, then he should either improve his writing skills or stop posting. If he is okay with his current writing ability and can handle it when others do what I did, then there is no problem for the mods to fret over.

From now on I fully expect the mods to delete every post that Chuck, Juulie or anyone else makes that is a spelling or grammar correction. To do otherwise would be to admit that I am being singled out and that what was done was wrong.
Old Wed Jan 09, 2008, 10:33am
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadaref
I did it because I had a hard time reading the post without wincing and I have become sick of seeing such on the forum. Therefore, I posted a correction.

What a moderator did, and has now admitted to, was delete a post that contained no insults and no negative comments purely on the basis of how the other poster could have responed. That's akin to calling a foul on a player because he stood near an opponent and the opposing player could take that the wrong way. That's BS, and that's an offense to free speech.

What should have been done was to leave my post alone and delete any inappropriate response made by the other poster. If the other poster can't handle having his writing mistakes pointed out and corrected on a public forum, then he should either improve his writing skills or stop posting. If he is okay with his current writing ability and can handle it when others do what I did, then there is no problem for the mods to fret over.

From now on I fully expect the mods to delete every post that Chuck, Juulie or anyone else makes that is a spelling or grammar correction. To do otherwise would be to admit that I am being singled out and that what was done was wrong.
You spelled "responded" wrong. I demand that you stop posting or be thrown off this forum.

Do you really think that we're all stoopid enough to swallow this bushwa, Nevada?

Ray Charles and Stevie Wonder could see that you were only posting to yank Rut's chain.

I've had my run-ins with Jeff in the past too. I moved on. I forgot about them. He did too, I think. May I suggest that you do the same?
Old Wed Jan 09, 2008, 10:55am
Official Forum Member

Quote:

My daughter, who has a 3.6 grade average at a her university , just received a very negative rejection letter from the business school(top five in the country) which included three typos. She's not happy with good reason.

On an official's forum, you can't expect the Queen's English on every post.

That said, I just had a dust up with BlindZebra which I'm going to apologize for in a PM.

Last edited by fullor30; Wed Jan 09, 2008 at 10:59am.
Old Wed Jan 09, 2008, 11:06am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee
You spelled "responded" wrong.
I now await the deletion of your post.
Old Wed Jan 09, 2008, 11:10am
In Memoriam

Quote:
If the other poster can't handle having his writing mistakes pointed out and corrected on a public forum, then he should either improve his writing skills or stop posting.
Old Wed Jan 09, 2008, 12:23pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob jenkins
I'll stand up and say that I was the one who deleted the post. And, one of the primary reasons was the history between the two posters involved. In my judgement, the post had the potential to lead to a needless flame war.

I'll also add that both posters involved had previously been warned to stop the senseless back-and-forth sniping and, when they failed to heed that warning, both were placed in time-out for a short period of time. That seemed to wrok for a while, but maybe it needs to be done again.

I just wanted everyone else to know.

(Brad will probably come along now and (appropriately) close / delete this thread, because it violates one of his rules )
Let me make something very clear. For the record I have basically ignored the person in question because it is clear that person cannot debate an issue with common sense and starts name calling because they do not understand a position opposite of theirs. I do not know why I had to be dragged down into this when I just did not respond. You can even note that when these little shots on me were made, I did not even respond. I answered another question and moved on.

I am here to talk officiating and to share knowledge I have gained over the years and even from this board. I am not here to get into a pissing war with someone that cannot deal with the facts put directly in front of them. And instead of debating those merits, they start name-calling. I once would have gone back and forth, but it solves nothing and it changes nothing whether is it my opinion or their opinion. Please note that I have stayed away from these kinds of BS threads from this person and I have completely ignored this person without having to put them on an ignore list. I do not know why I am being accused of something that I am currently not doing.

Peace
Old Wed Jan 09, 2008, 12:34pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee
I've had my run-ins with Jeff in the past too. I moved on. I forgot about them. He did too, I think. May I suggest that you do the same?
We used to have worse run-ins than this and I look back on them and laugh. And let us not talk about the old McGriff days.

Peace
Old Wed Jan 09, 2008, 12:35pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge
Let me make something very clear. For the record I have basically ignored the person in question because it is clear that person cannot debate an issue with common sense and starts name calling because they he does not understand a position opposite of theirs his. I do not know why I had to be dragged down into this when I just did not respond. You can even note that when these little shots on me were made, I did not even respond. I answered another question and moved on.

I am here to talk officiating and to share knowledge I have gained over the years and even from this board. I am not here to get into a pissing war with someone that cannot deal with the facts put directly in front of them. And instead of debating those merits, they start name-calling. I once would have gone back and forth, but it solves nothing and it changes nothing whether is it my opinion or their opinion. Please note that I have stayed away from these kinds of BS threads from this person and I have completely ignored this person without having to put them on an ignore list. I do not know why I am being accused of something that I am currently not doing.
Not true.
Wearing the correct color undershirt under the uniform jersey.
Examples of "little shots" thrown, which his favorite moderator refused to delete even after being advised of them. Of course, my responding post in that thread was quickly deleted.

PS Corrected the poor grammar again.
Old Wed Jan 09, 2008, 01:24pm
Whack! Get Out!!!

Nevada - this isn't an English class - it's a discussion forum about officiating.

If your post doesn't add anything to the discussion, it can be deleted by the moderators or me at our discretion.
Closed Thread