The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Dec 04, 2007, 02:00pm
Official Forum Member

Shoes

I wear New Balance mainly because I have a wide foot and it is the only shoe I can get in my actual size (11). I order them in 4E width. Also, the NB store by me gave $10 off for officials.
Old Tue Dec 04, 2007, 02:11pm
MABO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockchalk jhawk
Splute - Nike Shox ID, patent leather. Look great, comfortable, but they make my feet very warm... maybe the patent not letting air in?? Otherwise I like them.

i've looked at (i thought) every option in the nike id program, but have never been able to get a pair 'all black' that i like. what model shoe did you order?
Nike Shox R4, Very comfortable.

All references/comments are intended for educational purposes. Opinions are free.
Old Tue Dec 04, 2007, 02:41pm
Official Forum Member

I've worn NB for the past few years, but they stopped making what I used to wear. So I am trying a pair of their new 888's. I hated them the first night out. I get the 4E witdth, and that usually fits quite nicely. But these are a little roomier than I'm used to. And they don't seem to have quite the cushioning that previous models have had.

So...

Bought a pair of Spenco inserts, put them under the liner that came with the shoes (which solved a problem with a slight gap between the insert and the side of the shoe), and now I love 'em. Haven't even had to polish them yet because they're shinier than previous models.
Old Tue Dec 04, 2007, 05:29pm
9 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge
That is the exact shoe style but it is not the exact shoe. The shoe I have was a Finish Line exclusive that I own and it is all leather.

Peace
It is actually a synthetic leather and is harder to shine than traditional leather, but like Jeff said, it is a great shoe. I have another pair still in the box, but will have to find a new style to wear.

1999 (2x), 2006, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2019
Old Tue Dec 04, 2007, 05:33pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stripes
It is actually a synthetic leather and is harder to shine than traditional leather, but like Jeff said, it is a great shoe. I have another pair still in the box, but will have to find a new style to wear.
Most shoes nowadays are synthetic and that is not a major issue. And if you use many shining techniques, you can still have a great shine.

Peace
Old Wed Dec 05, 2007, 12:00pm
Official Forum Member

Problem with official's shirt: How do you keep your shirt tucked in properly if you are wearing a compression shirt underneath ... any ideas?

Am I missing something here?
Old Wed Dec 05, 2007, 12:03pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via MSN to IREFU2 Send a message via Yahoo to IREFU2
I use the military garders (spelling??), They attach to the shirt and then loop around your feet. You can adjust them to keep your shirt nice and tight.
Old Wed Dec 05, 2007, 12:13pm
Official Forum Member

Am using a NB 858. it is a cross between a running shoe and and a cross trainor. it is not an all leather shoe, but it is the most comfortable NB or any other shoe that I have wever worn.
Old Wed Dec 05, 2007, 12:16pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Ringo
Problem with official's shirt: How do you keep your shirt tucked in properly if you are wearing a compression shirt underneath ... any ideas?

Am I missing something here?
Mine just stays tucked in.

Some use the "flex belt." Most "sansabelt" type pants have a rubber insert on the waistband.

If your shirt and pants fit properly, it won't come out from normal officiating activities.