The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Shoes? (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/40037-shoes.html)

Johnny Ringo Sun Dec 02, 2007 08:43pm

Shoes?

Fellow whistle blowers ... can you tell me what the new hot officials shoe is for this season?

Thanks!

refnrev Sun Dec 02, 2007 08:52pm

Be prepared for about 30 different answers to this one.:)

bob jenkins Sun Dec 02, 2007 09:09pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny Ringo
Fellow whistle blowers ... can you tell me what the new hot officials shoe is for this season?

Thanks!

WGAF what's "hot"? (Okay, you and Paris Hilton care but who else?)

Wear what's black and comfortable (both short- and long-term) for YOUR feet.

Johnny Ringo Sun Dec 02, 2007 09:17pm

Come on y'all ... what are you wearing? I am seeing a lot of college guys with shoes with a a big white Nike Swoosh. I even see a ref wearing black Air Jordans!

refnrev Sun Dec 02, 2007 09:36pm

Black Nike Air Monarch 3s. I liked the 2's better. Next time I'm sure I will be choosing NBs.

Johnny Ringo Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:04pm

30? That many types of shoes being worn?

rgncjn Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:05pm

I was wearing the Nike Air Max Elite TB (purchased last year) until the application of Leather Luster essentially ruined the shoes. I now wear the New Balance 610s. The 610s are a very comfortable shoe.

refnrev Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:06pm

Quote:

TimTaylor Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:12pm

Official Footwear, Inc. - most comfortable shoes I've ever worn. They have both low & mid styles in black leather and low in patent.

26 Year Gap Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:48pm

I'm breaking in some Reeboks. Patent leather. I have retired my Converse Whistle shoes. I also have some Nikes that are not patent. I rotate the shoes from game to game. Have no idea the model. Honigs was selling them for about 60 bucks.

JRutledge Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:14am

Quote:

I do not wear what other people wear, I wear what I like. Actually one of the shoes I am wearing is not made anymore. And what you might see on someone's feet is not necessarily something you can buy. Shoe companies change styles and brands all the time. And I can tell you what you see officials wear on TV definitely change because it is really hard to find an all black shoe that does not get discontinued or you do not find in the Referee Order stores.

Peace

caliref Mon Dec 03, 2007 02:03am

I have a shoe size that is apparently in the minority.

14 EEEE

I got a pair of New Balance 602s that so far are really nice. I had the 888 last year and didn't like the high top. The 602 is similar to the referee shoe that NB makes, but NB doesn't go up to my size and width in the ref shoe.

I had my foot re-measured in the late afternoon prior to purchasing my shoe (I had to special order my shoes for obvious reasons from zappos.com)

bob jenkins Mon Dec 03, 2007 07:51am

Quote:

Originally Posted by rgncjn
I was wearing the Nike Air Max Elite TB (purchased last year) until the application of Leather Luster essentially ruined the shoes.

How did that happen? I've never had the LL ruin the shoes.

IREFU2 Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:27pm

I got an all black pair of Nike's from Dick Sporting Goods for 40.00.

Splute Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:49pm

Nike Shox ID, patent leather. Look great, comfortable, but they make my feet very warm... maybe the patent not letting air in?? Otherwise I like them.