The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Dec 04, 2007, 01:58pm
Official Forum Member

uniform issue

Player has her shorts down on her hips. You tell her to pull her pants up. She complies. Next time you notice her, the shorts are down on her hips again.

T right away or do you talk to her coach? Or should that be the first move?

Rita
Old Tue Dec 04, 2007, 02:01pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rita C
Player has her shorts down on her hips. You tell her to pull her pants up. She complies. Next time you notice her, the shorts are down on her hips again.

Rita
There is no provision for you to issue a T in this situation, you should direct her to leave the game per 3.4.15.....this is just like jewelry, no tech just leaves the game until she complies...
Old Tue Dec 04, 2007, 02:02pm
Official Forum Member

No T, she just can't play if she doesn't comply.
Do not give a damn!!

Rita,

You do not give a T for this; you remove them from the game. This is no different than if a player does not have their shirt tucked in.

Peace
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:

Rita
Just send her to the bench and tell the coach you need a substitute and that she can re-enter when she decides to wear her uniform correctly.

No T.
Old Tue Dec 04, 2007, 02:11pm
Official Forum Member

If she pulls her shorts down far enough, the action might qualify for a T under 10-3-7h.
Old Tue Dec 04, 2007, 02:20pm
Official Forum Member

Thanks all

I don't know where I got the idea that there is a T given in this circumstance.

Of course, the parent in me wants to give a T for the look I got.

Rita
Old Tue Dec 04, 2007, 02:21pm
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadaref
If she pulls her shorts down far enough, the action might qualify for a T under 10-3-7h.

I just hope that she is wearing more that just a thong, which reminds me of a story told to me by a Canandian frined of mine who officiates women's college ball in Canada. A few years ago, he was assigned to officiate an international game between a women's team from one of the Scandanavian countries against the University of Windsor women's team. When it came time to start the game, the foreign team took off their warmups and were discovered to be wearing white jerseys. No problem the coach said, they had brought along their dark jerseys too. The then proceeded to change their jerseys courtside. There was a collective gasp by everybody in the building the sucked all of the air out of the building when their discovered that most of the Scandanavian girls didn't wear sports bras or no bras at all.

MTD, Sr.
Ohio Assn. of Basketball Officials
International Assn. of Approved Bkb. Officials
Ohio High School Athletic Association
Toledo, Ohio
Old Tue Dec 04, 2007, 02:44pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark T. DeNucci, Sr.
I just hope that she is wearing more that just a thong, which reminds me of a story told to me by a Canandian frined of mine who officiates women's college ball in Canada. A few years ago, he was assigned to officiate an international game between a women's team from one of the Scandanavian countries against the University of Windsor women's team. When it came time to start the game, the foreign team took off their warmups and were discovered to be wearing white jerseys. No problem the coach said, they had brought along their dark jerseys too. The then proceeded to change their jerseys courtside. There was a collective gasp by everybody in the building the sucked all of the air out of the building when their discovered that most of the Scandanavian girls didn't wear sports bras or no bras at all.

MTD, Sr.
I'm willing to bet they were Danes. I may have emotionally scarred my son for life by taking him to a historical park in Denmark when he was 9. One of the exhibits was of stone age Denmark and there were people "living" as stone age Danes. And it was a warm day......

And then I went with my aunts to the beach and took my son. Nudity, male and female, all ages.

Rita
Old Tue Dec 04, 2007, 02:54pm
Official Forum Member

Gotta love our puritan heritage.
Old Tue Dec 04, 2007, 02:56pm
Ch1town

To follow up on this, I heard that when subs are non-compliant at the table we shouldn't bekon them onto the court?

Also, if a player is noticed not wearing the uniform properly after being fouled and FTs are awarded, we should have them adjust the uniform, administer the FTs & send them out of the game.

Thoughts?
Old Tue Dec 04, 2007, 08:44pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Quote:
I'm willing to bet they were Danes. I may have emotionally scarred my son for life by taking him to a historical park in Denmark when he was 9. One of the exhibits was of stone age Denmark and there were people "living" as stone age Danes. And it was a warm day......

And then I went with my aunts to the beach and took my son. Nudity, male and female, all ages.

Rita
Either scarred him for life, or gave him a healthy perspective on the human body. Nudity by itself isn't really all that big a deal once you get over the shock. It's the interp that we put on it that's a problem. (Not that I'm comfortable changing in front of other people....)
Old Wed Dec 05, 2007, 04:24am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch1town
To follow up on this, I heard that when subs are non-compliant at the table we shouldn't bekon them onto the court?

Also, if a player is noticed not wearing the uniform properly after being fouled and FTs are awarded, we should have them adjust the uniform, administer the FTs & send them out of the game.

Thoughts?
My thought is that both of your statements are correct.
Old Wed Dec 05, 2007, 11:35am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainmaker
Either scarred him for life, or gave him a healthy perspective on the human body. Nudity by itself isn't really all that big a deal once you get over the shock. It's the interp that we put on it that's a problem. (Not that I'm comfortable changing in front of other people....)
Hopefully it's the healthy perspective I gave him. I treated it as everything is normal at the time.

I've sometimes wondered what would happen if I brought the Danish attitude into the dressing room when we have a mixed crew. My past experience is that guys get flipped out if it's a white sports bra. I also have them turn around when I put in my protector (during baseball season) because they are so easily embarrassed.

Rita
Old Wed Dec 05, 2007, 11:45am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark T. DeNucci, Sr.

MTD, Sr.
Uuhh............who assigns these games?