The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   U mayk da cawl (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/39866-u-mayk-da-cawl.html)

bigdog5142 Mon Nov 26, 2007 02:48pm

If this happened in one of my games...I think I would just pee my pants, cry and then leave the gym. ;)

Adam Mon Nov 26, 2007 02:52pm

Two words.

Fetal position.

Mark Padgett Mon Nov 26, 2007 03:06pm

Oh yeah - I forgot to mention that three players from each team were dunking during warmups. And - the game is not in Kansas.

To answer an earlier question, the ball was touched on its downward arch.

Another oh yeah - B4 is wearing taped nipple rings, but they're medic alert. :eek:

grunewar Mon Nov 26, 2007 03:29pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Padgett
Another oh yeah - B4 is wearing taped nipple rings, but they're medic alert. :eek:

And I suppose we noticed THIS after B4 shakes the rim and while he was changing his illegal shirt in the confines of the court, correct?

I'm going back to my rec league games!

Adam Mon Nov 26, 2007 04:10pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by grunewar
And I suppose we noticed THIS after B4 shakes the rim and while he was changing his illegal shirt in the confines of the court, correct?

I'm going back to my rec league games!

Careful, it's more likely to happen there. ;)

Mark Dexter Mon Nov 26, 2007 04:30pm

If this situation ever occurred in one of my games, I'd hand my check back to the site administrator, pick up my bag and go home.

rainmaker Mon Nov 26, 2007 04:33pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by JugglingReferee
It's a DO-OVER! :D

Thank you for the best response of the thread.

sfd Mon Nov 26, 2007 05:29pm

why not?

OK, I've been reading here a long time, calling games for 2 years, and now posting a reply.

I enjoy looking around here as there is sometimes good information and sometimes good fun poking.

So, taking sections of this and assuming any one of them could happen, here is what I wonder.

How about A1 doesn't get FTs because his shot ended when touched by A4(or was it A3?) Unless in the bonus
Well, not really ended, but became a pass, right?

And why does A4 (or A3)'s touching matter if it was upward or on the way down? If it's not in the cylinder, is it not the same as an 'alley-oop'? I have seen several passes like this that look like an attempt until the teammate catches it.

Other than that, I heard an inadvertant whistle right before all this started. Throw out everybody who's not playing nice and give A the ball at POI.

Camron Rust Mon Nov 26, 2007 05:37pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by sfd
How about A1 doesn't get FTs because his shot ended when touched by A4(or was it A3?) Unless in the bonus
Well, not really ended, but became a pass, right?

If A1 was in the act of shooting when fouled, it doesn't matter what happens after that. A1 is not even required to release the ball...the foul may prevent the release.
Quote:

Originally Posted by sfd
And why does A4 (or A3)'s touching matter if it was upward or on the way down? If it's not in the cylinder, is it not the same as an 'alley-oop'? I have seen several passes like this that look like an attempt until the teammate catches it.

On the way down and has a chance to go in...GT. Yes, some "alley-oops" are technically GT...but rarely (never) called. Usually, you can tell pass/try as passes usually have a flatter trajectory and are released in a completely different way.

sfd Mon Nov 26, 2007 05:41pm

Ok, I'll go with that. But then the basket shouldn't count at all, regardless of if it went in or where A1s teammate touched it, and A1 gets 3FT. The shot remains live after the foul but should end when touched by a teammate. Only if B touched it (GT) then it would be scored.

Adam Mon Nov 26, 2007 05:41pm

Why not call these, though, since this is a time when the defense is prevented from touching the ball?

Camron Rust Mon Nov 26, 2007 05:44pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by truerookie
A1 shooting a 3 pointer. While in the air but before the release, he is fouled by B1. After the release, but before returning to the floor, A1 is also fouled by B2. [B](False Multiple Foul)[/b] penalize accordingly.

Nope...actual multiple foul (approximatley the same time...don't split timing hairs in multiple/double fouls).
Quote:

The ball, while traveling toward the hoop but not yet in the cylinder, is touched by A3. The three attempt turns into a two unless A3 is behind the three point line.

Also before the ball is in the cylinder, B4 grabs the rim and snaps it. The ball goes in. Technical foul; score the basket for BI two points

If A3's prior touch was GT, then there is no BI on B. In fact, there is no BI on B at all if the rim returns to it's normal position before the ball gets there.
Quote:

you discover A4 and B4 are both wearing illegal jerseys. Team A will shot 2 for the illegal jersey; Team B will shoot 2 for the illegal jersey.

Not at this time...only penalized when entering/reentering.
Quote:

and Coach A is out of the box punching Coach B. Double flagrant technical with both coaches being ejected for fighting. No free throws; Two free throws for team b for coach A being out of the box

Only a T on coach A. There is no rule against being hit. Unless you can tell me what rule coach B violated, there is no T on coach B. Fighting doesn't necessarily take two people....it's an attempt to strike another person.

Edit.... The only other way to be charged with fighting is to do something which provokes a fight...could be words, getures, etc. However, breathing is not a qualifying provocation.

Back In The Saddle Mon Nov 26, 2007 07:28pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by mkiogima
I think the same rules apply to a coach that apply to a player. If two players are fighting even if we see only one punch thrown, both players are to be disqualified. It doesn't matter who started it or even if the other player was fighting back, both are disqualified.

I guess it depends on how you define a fight. From your description it sounds like you're saying that if a single punch is thrown, both players are automatically DQ'd. I really hope that's the case, because I've got a bunch of guys at the end of my bench who are more than willing to throw a punch at your All-Americans to get them DQ'd for fighting. I think I'm on to something here ;)

Mark Padgett Mon Nov 26, 2007 08:34pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by mkiogima
If two players are fighting even if we see only one punch thrown, both players are to be disqualified. It doesn't matter who started it or even if the other player was fighting back, both are disqualified.

So if two guys are walking down the street and one comes up to the other totally unprovoked and punches him in the face, knocks him unconscious and then stands over him until the police arrive, they're both guilty of assault?

Huh? :confused:

26 Year Gap Mon Nov 26, 2007 09:03pm

Hey, it wasn't in my area!