The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Nov 08, 2007, 08:32am
Official Forum Member

Refresher Test Question

A1 is inbounding the ball. After the ball is released but before team control is established inbounds, A2 and B2 commit a double personal foul against each other. What is the point of interruption? Since team control has not yet been established, do we go to the AP arrow? Or do we return the ball to team A since the play was interrupted during their throw-in? The question isn't clear whether it is an uncontested pass from A1 to A3 or whether it's a loose ball available to either team -- if that matters.
Old Thu Nov 08, 2007, 08:50am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfp
A1 is inbounding the ball. After the ball is released but before team control is established inbounds, A2 and B2 commit a double personal foul against each other. What is the point of interruption? Since team control has not yet been established, do we go to the AP arrow? Or do we return the ball to team A since the play was interrupted during their throw-in? The question isn't clear whether it is an uncontested pass from A1 to A3 or whether it's a loose ball available to either team -- if that matters.
Throw-in hasn't ended, POI should be another throw-in for team A. Last part shouldn't matter, if it isn't legally touched the throw-in hasn't ended...
Old Thu Nov 08, 2007, 08:53am
MABO Member

Or ...

If the ball was tipped then the throw-in has ended and if the fouls occurred as the players were going after the loose ball, then I would go to AP. I think this is correct.

All references/comments are intended for educational purposes. Opinions are free.
Old Thu Nov 08, 2007, 09:02am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeEater
If the ball was tipped then the throw-in has ended and if the fouls occurred as the players were going after the loose ball, then I would go to AP. I think this is correct.
Good point, I agree with that I just assumed that there was no touch yet...