Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Nov 05, 2007, 03:41pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by jer166
Except where the ball is put in play.
Say what?

Are you really saying that the throw-in spot for intentional personal fouls and flagrant personal fouls are different?
Old Mon Nov 05, 2007, 04:10pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee
Say what?

Are you really saying that the throw-in spot for intentional personal fouls and flagrant personal fouls are different?
Thinking & typing at different speed. I edited it...

What I ment was if it is intentional it is OOB nearest the foul and if Flagrant T it would be at the division line opposite the table

Last edited by jer166; Mon Nov 05, 2007 at 04:15pm.
Old Mon Nov 05, 2007, 04:22pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Thinking & typing at different speed. I edited it...

What I ment was if it is intentional it is OOB nearest the foul and if Flagrant T it would be at the division line opposite the table
Yes, but I referenced flagrant personal, not flagrant T.
Old Mon Nov 05, 2007, 04:23pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadaref
Wow, she goofed twice in one thread. That's very unlike Juulie. Perhaps she needs some of Padgett's meds.
I've tried selling her some, but it's a no go.
Old Mon Nov 05, 2007, 04:58pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaqwells
Yes, but I referenced flagrant personal, not flagrant T.
Snagwells, you are absolutely correct. I realized that when went back & read it again. Somehow along the line somewhere I thought we were talking an intentional foul and a flagrant T.
Old Mon Nov 05, 2007, 05:19pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Snagwells, you are absolutely correct. I realized that when went back & read it again. Somehow along the line somewhere I thought we were talking an intentional foul and a flagrant T.
Intentional fouls can be either personal or technical in nature. The same is true of flagrant fouls.

You can have intentional personal fouls; you can have flagrant personal fouls. The penalty for both are 2 FT's and the ball at the closest OOB spot to where the foul occurred. The only difference is that the flagrant personal foul carries a buh-bye with it.

You can also have intentional technical fouls; and you can have flagrant technical fouls. These also both carry a penalty of 2 FT's and the ball, but the throw-in for any technical foul of any kind is always at mid-court opposite the table. Again, the only difference between these 2 fouls is that the flagrant technical foul carries a disqualification with it.

That's the correct summation.
Old Mon Nov 05, 2007, 06:09pm
Official Forum Member

[QUOTE=Jurassic Referee]

What is a buh-bye? Or did you mean to say bye-bye and hit the wrong keys
Old Tue Nov 06, 2007, 01:34pm
Ch1town

Quote:
Intentional fouls can be either personal or technical in nature. The same is true of flagrant fouls.

You can have intentional personal fouls; you can have flagrant personal fouls. The penalty for both are 2 FT's and the ball at the closest OOB spot to where the foul occurred. The only difference is that the flagrant personal foul carries a buh-bye with it.

You can also have intentional technical fouls; and you can have flagrant technical fouls. These also both carry a penalty of 2 FT's and the ball, but the throw-in for any technical foul of any kind is always at mid-court opposite the table. Again, the only difference between these 2 fouls is that the flagrant technical foul carries a disqualification with it.

That's the correct summation.
FTR, is it safe to add that any intentional or flagrant personal foul must occur during a live ball?
Old Tue Nov 06, 2007, 02:15pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch1town
FTR, is it safe to add that any intentional or flagrant personal foul must occur during a live ball?
Not necessarily, if an airborne shooter is involved.
Old Tue Nov 06, 2007, 02:56pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Oh?

Rule 4-19-5(c)?
Old Tue Nov 06, 2007, 03:43pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Is this where I'm supposed to say, "shut up?"
Old Tue Nov 06, 2007, 03:56pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Oh?

Rule 4-19-5(c)?
4-19-5 . . . A technical foul is:
c. An intentional or flagrant contact foul while the ball is dead, except a foul by an airborne shooter.

So Snaqwells is correct. The airborne shooter may commit an intentional or flagrant personal foul while the ball is dead.
Old Tue Nov 06, 2007, 05:08pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Quote:

4-19-5 . . . A technical foul is:
c. An intentional or flagrant contact foul while the ball is dead, except a foul by an airborne shooter.

So Snaqwells is correct. The airborne shooter may commit an intentional or flagrant personal foul while the ball is dead.
Oh?

Are you sure that exception isn't just referring to a PC foul?
Old Tue Nov 06, 2007, 05:15pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Oh?

Are you sure that exception isn't just referring to a PC foul?
Yep, I'm sure. The following case book play says that an airborne shooter may be charged with an intentional or flagrant PERSONAL foul.

4.19.6 SITUATION B: Is it possible for airborne shooter A1 to commit a foul which would not be player control? RULING: Yes. The airborne shooter could be charged with an intentional or flagrant personal foul or with a technical foul. (4-19-2, 3, 4)
Old Tue Nov 06, 2007, 06:59pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Yep, I'm sure. The following case book play says that an airborne shooter may be charged with an intentional or flagrant PERSONAL foul.

4.19.6 SITUATION B: Is it possible for airborne shooter A1 to commit a foul which would not be player control? RULING: Yes. The airborne shooter could be charged with an intentional or flagrant personal foul or with a technical foul. (4-19-2, 3, 4)
Yup, they sure can...... if they happen to commit that foul as an airborne shooter while the ball is live. And if they commit the foul as an airborne shooter when the ball is dead, they could be charged with a technical foul too(as stated above).

It depends on how you read the related rules.