The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Apr 25, 2007, 02:05pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old School
unethical conduct on this board. Trying to teach someone by insulting them doesn't work for everyone. It may work on those that are less committed, but not for everyone.
A lesson that would you should take to heart yourself. Spare us the lecture. This post drips of hypocrisy.
Old Wed Apr 25, 2007, 02:42pm
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old School
It's not that I refuse. I'm just not a scholar in the art of rule knowledge. For that I apologize, but I refuse to accept personal insults simply because you disagree or you don't like the way I said it. As bad as I am perceived by some of the others, is as bad as some of the other members are in unethical conduct on this board. Trying to teach someone by insulting them doesn't work for everyone. It may work on those that are less committed, but not for everyone.

You do not have to be a rules scholar to use correct terminology if you are a basketball official and you claim to be a basketball official. I expect my basketball officiating students to use correct terminology from the very beginning of their very first class. The terminology is very easy to learn. You will find the vast majority of the terminolgy that you need in Rule 4 in both the NFHS and NCAA rules books. Rule 4 is entitled Definitions. Study them and learn them by heart. Lack of knowledge of definitions gets officials in trouble the vast majority of the time no matter what the sport being officiated.

MTD, Sr.
Ohio Assn. of Basketball Officials
International Assn. of Approved Bkb. Officials
Ohio High School Athletic Association
Toledo, Ohio
Old Wed Apr 25, 2007, 03:28pm
Lighten up, Francis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark T. DeNucci, Sr.
you claim to be a basketball official. . . . Study them and learn them by heart.
Mark, your willingness to help and your patience with OS is admirable. But he's not a ref. He's never been a ref. He's not here to learn. He's here ONLY -- and I truly believe this -- ONLY to cause trouble and get a rise out of people. He adds not one thing of value to this forum. His only contributions are misinformation, lies and confusion for newer officials. His account should be pulled immediately. Not after review. Immediately.

If we can't do that, then I request that I be made a moderator and volunteer to delete every single post he makes as soon as I see them.

Last edited by bob jenkins; Wed Apr 25, 2007 at 03:52pm.
Old Wed Apr 25, 2007, 03:55pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper1
His account should be pulled immediately.
It's been requested -- several weeks ago. Interestingly, for a while after the request, the tone of his posts changed. I think he even used the phrase, "I learned something from this thread." It might just be coincidence.

And, old school, lest you think this is personal, I have deleted and edited many,many posts containing personal insults toward you.
Old Wed Apr 25, 2007, 04:59pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob jenkins
It's been requested -- several weeks ago. Interestingly, for a while after the request, the tone of his posts changed. I think he even used the phrase, "I learned something from this thread." It might just be coincidence.

And, old school, lest you think this is personal, I have deleted and edited many,many posts containing personal insults toward you.
ditto from me as well.
Old Wed Apr 25, 2007, 11:03pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Ummm, I can vouch for the veracity of both of the posts made previous to this one.