View Single Post
Old Wed Apr 25, 2007, 02:42pm
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old School
It's not that I refuse. I'm just not a scholar in the art of rule knowledge. For that I apologize, but I refuse to accept personal insults simply because you disagree or you don't like the way I said it. As bad as I am perceived by some of the others, is as bad as some of the other members are in unethical conduct on this board. Trying to teach someone by insulting them doesn't work for everyone. It may work on those that are less committed, but not for everyone.

You do not have to be a rules scholar to use correct terminology if you are a basketball official and you claim to be a basketball official. I expect my basketball officiating students to use correct terminology from the very beginning of their very first class. The terminology is very easy to learn. You will find the vast majority of the terminolgy that you need in Rule 4 in both the NFHS and NCAA rules books. Rule 4 is entitled Definitions. Study them and learn them by heart. Lack of knowledge of definitions gets officials in trouble the vast majority of the time no matter what the sport being officiated.

MTD, Sr.
Ohio Assn. of Basketball Officials
International Assn. of Approved Bkb. Officials
Ohio High School Athletic Association
Toledo, Ohio