The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 3.80 average. Display Modes
Old Tue Oct 16, 2007, 09:30am
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbyron
Rock on.
Indeed.
Old Wed Oct 17, 2007, 02:27am
Official Forum Member

Game 4
Cleveland 7, Boston 3

It looks as if the Sox will be fortunate to get the series back to Boston.

Now where's my Chief Wahoo? Found it.

Old Wed Oct 17, 2007, 07:49am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadaref
Game 4
Cleveland 7, Boston 3

It looks as if the Sox will be fortunate to get the series back to Boston.
I disagree completely. Have you checked the starters for Game 5? Beckett's going on full rest. We're going back to Boston.

Very disappointing last night, tho. 4 no-hit innings and then 7 runs in the 5th. The worst part about that was that the inning could've been over with only 1 run in if Wakefield hadn't deflected the double play ball that was headed right to Pedroia.

First time a team has gone back-to-back-to-back HRs in the ALCS. Big whoop.
Old Wed Oct 17, 2007, 07:53am
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckElias
I disagree completely. Have you checked the starters for Game 5? Beckett's going on full rest. We're going back to Boston.
You're disregarding the "Manny" factor. He pissed the Indians off completely last night with his styling. Methinks they'll be trying just that little bit harder now to stick it up his butt.
Old Wed Oct 17, 2007, 08:21am
In Memoriam

Quote:

Very disappointing last night, tho. 4 no-hit innings and then 7 runs in the 5th. The worst part about that was that the inning could've been over with only 1 run in if Wakefield hadn't deflected the double play ball that was headed right to Pedroia.

First time a team has gone back-to-back-to-back HRs in the ALCS. Big whoop.
Yer funny !
If, if, if.

Old Wed Oct 17, 2007, 10:15am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Your Bosox have a chance to stay in the game as long as Beckett's doing his thing. However, Sabathia is going for the Tribe, and he will keep the Indians in the game.

The starters match up well, but what about the bullpens? See you in the 11th?
Old Wed Oct 17, 2007, 12:44pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
We should just skip game 5 then.

Have you checked the starters for Game 5? I wouldn't discount CCs ability to win this game. And I believe he's on full rest too.

Oh yeah, go tribe!
Old Thu Oct 18, 2007, 08:34am
In Memoriam

Lightbulb Factoid

Sabathia, 27, is a hulking lefty — he's 6-7 and weighs 290 pounds — with a repertoire of fastballs sliders and changeups. - usatoday.com
Old Thu Oct 18, 2007, 08:59am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick
Sabathia, 27, is a hulking lefty — he's 6-7 and weighs 290 pounds
For those of you who don't know, my college roommate and I visit a couple ballparks each summer, hoping eventually to visit all the MLB ballparks. (I mention this mainly for Dan, who may not have been aware of these trips.)

Anyway, when we were in St. Petersburg this summer, the Devil Rays were playing Cleveland, and Sabathia happened to be starting. Around the 4th inning, when he seemed to be struggling, a Cleveland fan next to me yelled, "C'mon, C.C. Put your gut into it!!"
Old Thu Oct 18, 2007, 09:03am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLydic
We should just skip game 5 then.
Fine by me. Beckett in Game 6 in Boston?

Quote:
Have you checked the starters for Game 5? I wouldn't discount CCs ability to win this game. And I believe he's on full rest too.
I'm not discounting his ability to win it. It's certainly possible. I just think it's very unlikely, given Beckett's history. C.C. is a good pitcher, no question, but would I have as much confidence in him as in Beckett? Not even close.

I will say this. You guys better win tonight. If we go back to Boston, I think you'll be sweating it out.
Old Thu Oct 18, 2007, 09:04am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
Quote:
For those of you who don't know, my college roommate and I visit a couple ballparks each summer, hoping eventually to visit all the MLB ballparks. (I mention this mainly for Dan, who may not have been aware of these trips.)
Old Thu Oct 18, 2007, 09:07am
Official Forum Member

It worked!!!!
Old Thu Oct 18, 2007, 09:12am
In Memoriam

Quote:
Anyway, when we were in St. Petersburg this summer, the Devil Rays were playing Cleveland, and Sabathia happened to be starting. Around the 4th inning, when he seemed to be struggling, a Cleveland fan next to me yelled, "C'mon, C.C. Put your gut into it!!"
So he's more bulking than hulking ?
Old Thu Oct 18, 2007, 09:30am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Fine by me. Beckett in Game 6 in Boston?

I'm not discounting his ability to win it. It's certainly possible. I just think it's very unlikely, given Beckett's history. C.C. is a good pitcher, no question, but would I have as much confidence in him as in Beckett? Not even close.

I will say this. You guys better win tonight. If we go back to Boston, I think you'll be sweating it out.
LOL, no the deal is we skip game 5 and Beckett is done.

Beckett started 30 games with a 20 - 7 record. He pitched 200.2 innings, gave up 40 walks and had 194 K's with an ERA of 3.27. CC started 34 games with a 19-7 record. He pitched 241.0 innings, gave up 37 walks and had 209 K's with an ERA of 3.21. Seems kinda close to me.

Sure, I'll start to sweat it out IF we go back to Boston, but right now it's calm, cool and collected. You?
Old Thu Oct 18, 2007, 09:32am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
a Cleveland fan next to me yelled, "C'mon, C.C. Put your gut into it!!"
If he put his gut into it, he'd be a 20 gamer for sure

Go tribe!