The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old Sat Mar 31, 2007, 09:25pm
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Pasadena Ca
Posts: 281
Send a message via AIM to TRef21
Block Charge

It just happened the scenario we talked about. Double foul and AP
__________________
Tommy
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old Sat Mar 31, 2007, 09:33pm
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Posts: 14,614
And going to the AP was wrong.

The UCLA player was still holding the ball after the contact.

It should have been UCLA's ball, POI
__________________
"...as cool as the other side of the pillow." - Stuart Scott

"You should never be proud of doing the right thing." - Dean Smith
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old Sat Mar 31, 2007, 09:35pm
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 517
Are you sure that they went to the AP Arrow? It should have been POI which would have been Florida's ball. I will rewind and see who started the 2nd half with the ball.
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old Sat Mar 31, 2007, 09:36pm
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Posts: 4,801
The shot clock was reset to 35 when Florida got the inbound. Maybe they thought the shot was off when the contact occurred.
__________________
"To win the game is great. To play the game is greater. But to love the game is the greatest of all."
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old Sat Mar 31, 2007, 09:39pm
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 517
Quote:
Originally Posted by BktBallRef
And going to the AP was wrong.

The UCLA player was still holding the ball after the contact.

It should have been UCLA's ball, POI
It was the Florida player on offense.
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old Sat Mar 31, 2007, 09:43pm
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 517
According to this Play-By-Play UCLA started the second half with the AP arrow. So it looks like they went to the arrow b/c after this play the arrow is pointing to UCLA. Good catch Mark! The shot clock should not have been reset.
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old Sat Mar 31, 2007, 09:48pm
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Posts: 14,614
You are correct, Florida was on offense.

But they did go to the AP arrow.

Before the play, Florida had the AP.

After the play, Florida got the ball, UCLA had the arrow and the shot clock was reset to 35.
__________________
"...as cool as the other side of the pillow." - Stuart Scott

"You should never be proud of doing the right thing." - Dean Smith
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old Sat Mar 31, 2007, 09:49pm
Lighten up, Francis.
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,396
Quote:
Originally Posted by All_Heart
So it looks like they went to the arrow b/c after this play the arrow is pointing to UCLA. The shot clock should not have been reset.
The issue is not so much the shot clock as the POI. They never should've gone to the arrow in the first place, because there was still team control. The correct POI was a throw-in to the team in control (and no reset); not the arrow.
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old Sat Mar 31, 2007, 09:49pm
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Posts: 14,614
Quote:
Originally Posted by All_Heart
According to this Play-By-Play UCLA started the second half with the AP arrow. So it looks like they went to the arrow b/c after this play the arrow is pointing to UCLA. Good catch Mark! The shot clock should not have been reset.
The clock should not have been reset and the AP should not have changed. It should have been Florida's ball for a throw-in based on team control, POI.
__________________
"...as cool as the other side of the pillow." - Stuart Scott

"You should never be proud of doing the right thing." - Dean Smith
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old Sat Mar 31, 2007, 09:52pm
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 517
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper1
The issue is not so much the shot clock as the POI. They never should've gone to the arrow in the first place, because there was still team control. The correct POI was a throw-in to the team in control (and no reset); not the arrow.
I know that is what I said in post #3. I was just pointing out that the arrow had been changed so it is clear that they went with the AP, which is incorrect.
Reply With Quote
  #11 (permalink)  
Old Sat Mar 31, 2007, 09:53pm
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 517
Quote:
Originally Posted by BktBallRef
The clock should not have been reset and the AP should not have changed. It should have been Florida's ball for a throw-in based on team control, POI.
Did I type something incorrectly? This is what I'm saying!
Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)  
Old Sat Mar 31, 2007, 10:04pm
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Pasadena Ca
Posts: 281
Send a message via AIM to TRef21
Quote:
Originally Posted by All_Heart
Did I type something incorrectly? This is what I'm saying!
Does anyone have there NCAA 2006 rule book? I know that exact play is in there. Can give a reference in the 2007 book with that rule. I have heard different things. Some say AP others say POI.
__________________
Tommy
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old Sat Mar 31, 2007, 10:11pm
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Posts: 4,801
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRef21
Does anyone have there NCAA 2006 rule book? I know that exact play is in there. Can give a reference in the 2007 book with that rule. I have heard different things. Some say AP others say POI.
Rule 4
Section 51. Point of Interruption
Art. 1. Point of interruption is a procedure used to resume play because of:
d. A double personal or simultaneous personal foul, as in Rules 4-26.10
and 4-26.16.
__________________
"To win the game is great. To play the game is greater. But to love the game is the greatest of all."
Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old Sat Mar 31, 2007, 10:11pm
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 517
PG 177 Section 24. Summary - Administration of Double Fouls

Double Personal Foul - Resumption of Play: Point of Interruption
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old Sat Mar 31, 2007, 10:27pm
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Hurricane, WV
Posts: 800
Send a message via AIM to Mountaineer Send a message via Yahoo to Mountaineer
Ahhh, but wasn't it just so refreshing to hear Billy Packer stammer over the fact that they did that because each official stuck to his guns and felt he had the right call?? He's such a moron!
__________________
Larry Ledbetter
NFHS, NCAA, NAIA

The best part about beating your head against the wall is it feels so good when you stop.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Block, Charge or Both!!! Teigan Basketball 27 Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:40am
Charge/Block? Stripes1950 Basketball 13 Mon Mar 14, 2005 03:16pm
Block/Charge harmbu Basketball 12 Thu Feb 19, 2004 09:05pm
Block or Charge? canuckrefguy Basketball 18 Fri Jan 31, 2003 10:37am
Block??/Charge?? Ron Pilo Basketball 9 Mon Dec 27, 1999 10:51pm


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:16am.



Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.0 RC1