The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Apr 02, 2007, 08:45am

jp..

I wouldn't know all the ins and outs of the decision making process but I think I can say this. He was NOT thinking about what you're thinking.
Old Mon Apr 02, 2007, 09:52am

Plus it shouldn't matter but the reality is, it does and probably for reasons you don't suspect. I think the NCAA should have flown somebody in and not used any official from that area. The fact of the matter is, it makes it really hard for the official that lives in the area. Let's say if Ohio State would have lost the game and it came down to a call that this official made or didn't make. It's going to be really hard for this guy in the community afterwards. You don't want to knowingly put these guys into that situation. But to be honest, it could have been a last minute replacement. In other words, the guy that was originally scheduled could have got sick at the last minute, miss his flight, got stuck in a traffic jam, etc., etc. That's probably why the local guy got put in, because he was local.
Old Mon Apr 02, 2007, 10:15am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old School
Plus it shouldn't matter but the reality is, it does and probably for reasons you don't suspect. I think the NCAA should have flown somebody in and not used any official from that area. The fact of the matter is, it makes it really hard for the official that lives in the area. Let's say if Ohio State would have lost the game and it came down to a call that this official made or didn't make. It's going to be really hard for this guy in the community afterwards. You don't want to knowingly put these guys into that situation. But to be honest, it could have been a last minute replacement. In other words, the guy that was originally scheduled could have got sick at the last minute, miss his flight, got stuck in a traffic jam, etc., etc. That's probably why the local guy got put in, because he was local.
yeah, that's probably why the local guy got the game! Wow.
Old Mon Apr 02, 2007, 10:15am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Do you ever engage your brain before you write something?
Old Mon Apr 02, 2007, 11:57am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblref
Do you ever engage your brain
You're assuming facts not in evidence.
Old Mon Apr 02, 2007, 12:37pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
563 for 563.

Absolute perfection.
Old Mon Apr 02, 2007, 02:26pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sj
jp..

I wouldn't know all the ins and outs of the decision making process but I think I can say this. He was NOT thinking about what you're thinking.
Not sure if your post was directed at me...but I'll respond anyway. My post essentially asks the question - if Hank can choose between making an assignment that would give some the opportunity to question the integrity of an official based on where he lives or provide no such opportunity, don't you think he would prefer to eliminate that opportunity? Based on his assignment, you're correct, he was clearly NOT thinking about either possibility.
Old Mon Apr 02, 2007, 02:38pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffpea
Not sure if your post was directed at me...but I'll respond anyway. My post essentially asks the question - if Hank can choose between making an assignment that would give some the opportunity to question the integrity of an official based on where he lives or provide no such opportunity, don't you think he would prefer to eliminate that opportunity? Based on his assignment, you're correct, he was clearly NOT thinking about either possibility.

I think he was not thinking about either because Hank Nicholls Dont Give a #$%%^ (HNDGAF -- for short).