The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Aug 31, 2004, 12:43pm
Official Forum Member

Running this scenerio through my mind. (and remember I am Texas educated)
You are about to give A1 the ball for his 2nd FT. However, you charge team A with a T under 10.5.c. Now remember this is hypothetical and probably playing on the extreme.
What would be the proper execution here? (a) clear the lane , let A1 shoot the 2nd FT then enforce the 2 FT + ball for team B. (b) do not let A1 shoot the 2nd and just administer the T.
I can't see not letting A1 shoot the 2nd FT so I would think you should administer the fouls in the order recieved or is there another solution that I am just not grasping here?
Old Tue Aug 31, 2004, 01:07pm
Esteemed Participant

First off, there is no reason to take away a merited free throw. So A will get the second shot...now, for the order of administering - it depends on what rule set you are playing under...under Fed rules, you would clear the lane, let A take the second shot, then B would get their two shots for the T and the ball oob at half-court...under NCAA rules, you would go to the opposite end and have B shoot the two shots for the T with lane cleared, then go back and line everyone up and let A shoot the second and play from there (point of interruption)...hope that helps.
Old Tue Aug 31, 2004, 02:02pm
Official Forum Member

Great call Rock!
Old Tue Aug 31, 2004, 03:06pm
Official Forum Member

That would be the way to do it. Had that situation occur when a sub who was not in the book entered the game during a free throw situation. Rocky would have saved us one of those 3 stooge looking huddles.
Old Tue Aug 31, 2004, 04:52pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Rick,
Did you all bang your heads together? Let me guess, the R poked the other two in the eyes?