Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Mar 19, 2007, 10:45am
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old School
If you go back and read what I said. I said, not an absolute you moron. I also said it was something the players know and used it as an example. Again, not an absolute.

Now, repeat after me.
It's not all about me,
Again, it's not all about me.
Now repeat after me....

"I am a troll."

Again.....

"I am a troll."

One more time....

"I am a troll."
Old Mon Mar 19, 2007, 11:03am
Official Forum Member

where did this its not all about me nonsense come from???

i would pay $1.37 to watch OS officiate a basketball game.
Old Mon Mar 19, 2007, 11:27am
Esteemed Participant

Quote:
Originally Posted by deecee

Wow...that's about $2.00 more than I would pay!
Old Mon Mar 19, 2007, 11:35am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
It's a typical response when someone doesn't have facts to back up their argument. They would rather resort to emotional responses (such as, "It's not about me", "Throwing fellow officials under the bus", "Moron", "Drinking the Kool-Aid", and so on), rather than discussing the specific rules and facts involved.

(Used with permission.)
Old Mon Mar 19, 2007, 11:37am
Official Forum Member

Is this the longest thread in the history of this Board (w/ the exception, of course, of the annual baseball thread)?
Old Mon Mar 19, 2007, 11:39am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark T. DeNucci, Sr.
Old School:

Do you have any personal friends that officiate Div. I basketbakll? I do not officiate Div. I women's anymore, but have officiated 18 women's coll. Div. I regional playoff games and 20 women's jr. coll. regional playoff games. I still have a number of close friends that still officiate officiate men's or women's coll. Div. I, including two who have worked the women's title game (one has officiated it multiple times); as well as friends with a number of Div. I evaluators.
And your point is?

Quote:
You do NOT have a clue. So please, please (help me, my apologies to the Beatles) stop officiating basketball until you learn the rules.MTD, Sr.
What you really, reallly, reallly, really (help me James Brown), need to do is get over yourself, and stop drinking that kool-aid! I got to find out what's in that kool-aid, because I have never seen officials talk so crazy. You want me to quite officiating because I would call a block here? Because I stand behind my call, you want me to stop officiating? My goodness man, you could not be more into you than this statement. It's all about you! Sad...
Old Mon Mar 19, 2007, 11:46am
Official Forum Member

Old School Officiating

Would you all be jealous of me if I told you I have seen Old School work? It's true, I've witnessed it with my own eyes. The sad part is, that it is actually harder to watch than it is to listen to him talk about it. If you think he is clueless here then you should all see him when he applies all his nonsense. So rest assured, he is not trying to get anyone going when he posts these moronic statements. He truely believes, and applies, what he posts. Sad yes, but atleast he holds to what he believes, right or wrong. But you all need to see it atleast once.
Old Mon Mar 19, 2007, 11:49am
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:

This is what happens when a narcissistic "official" gets ripped a new one by an evaluator and told he's making too much of a show of himself in his games. When he's been disregarding rules to apply his own playing and coaching philosophy, he gets reemed by assigners and evaluators and he gets told in no uncertain terms that he needs to remember the game isn't about him or his opinions. It's about the rules.
Then, since he's so narcissistic, he assumes all officials have the same issue he does. That's called projecting.
Old Mon Mar 19, 2007, 01:12pm
Esteemed Participant

Quote:
Originally Posted by worldbefree
Would you all be jealous of me if I told you I have seen Old School work? It's true, I've witnessed it with my own eyes. The sad part is, that it is actually harder to watch than it is to listen to him talk about it. If you think he is clueless here then you should all see him when he applies all his nonsense. So rest assured, he is not trying to get anyone going when he posts these moronic statements. He truely believes, and applies, what he posts. Sad yes, but atleast he holds to what he believes, right or wrong. But you all need to see it atleast once.
Are you serious??? So how big of a mess are his games?
Old Mon Mar 19, 2007, 01:18pm
Administrator

Old School is viewing this thread as I type this post. Well OS, you are absolutely correct, it is not about me, it is about trying to make you a better basketball offical. You are an arrogant jacka$$, who could not officiate his way out of a wet paper bag with a flame thrower. So please stop posting and please stop officiating basketball.

MTD, Sr.
Ohio Assn. of Basketball Officials
International Assn. of Approved Bkb. Officials
Ohio High School Athletic Association
Toledo, Ohio
Old Mon Mar 19, 2007, 01:21pm
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old School
And your point is?

What you really, reallly, reallly, really (help me James Brown), need to do is get over yourself, and stop drinking that kool-aid! I got to find out what's in that kool-aid, because I have never seen officials talk so crazy. You want me to quite officiating because I would call a block here? Because I stand behind my call, you want me to stop officiating? My goodness man, you could not be more into you than this statement. It's all about you! Sad...

Old School:

Its all about me!! Since when I have I made it about me. You still have not listend to a word I have written or anything anybody else has written. You are so into your misinformed ideas about the rules that you are too arrogant to learn.

MTD, Sr.
Ohio Assn. of Basketball Officials
International Assn. of Approved Bkb. Officials
Ohio High School Athletic Association
Toledo, Ohio
Old Mon Mar 19, 2007, 01:23pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by worldbefree
This is too good to be true. We're gonna need some proof.
Old Mon Mar 19, 2007, 02:25pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark T. DeNucci, Sr.
Old School:

Its all about me!! Since when I have I made it about me. You still have not listend to a word I have written or anything anybody else has written. You are so into your misinformed ideas about the rules that you are too arrogant to learn.

MTD, Sr.
And who are you to make this judgement about me? It's pretty much consistent across the board that most think this call could have gone either way and been okay with it. I am okay with you calling a CHARGE here and I have mention this over and over. However, I believe this is a BLOCK, will always be a block in my book. The reason I say it's all about you is because somewhere down the line, you have made yourself god, king know-it-all, judge and jury, and because I share a different opinion on this play, I should quite officiating. Now please do tell, who elected you to be judge over who should ref and who shouldn't?

Dang-it! It's that damn kool-aid. Stop drinking it and you won't feel like you need to tell everybody what to do, and remember, it's not all about you! Basketball is bigger than me, you and all the other kool-aid drinkers on this forum. It will still be played long after me and you have served our time on this earth. So you really need to get over yourself here and this one call and take life one step at a time, one call at a time.

Good day!
Old Mon Mar 19, 2007, 02:43pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

What most have said is that the correct call was a charge; but they'd forgive a ref who made a block call on the spot in real time. What's outrageous is your refusal to admit it would correctly be called a charge, in spite of rules to back it up. What's outrageous is your claim that calling this charge in a big game could impede an official's career.
Old Mon Mar 19, 2007, 03:25pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaqwells
What most have said is that the correct call was a charge; but they'd forgive a ref who made a block call on the spot in real time. What's outrageous is your refusal to admit it would correctly be called a charge, in spite of rules to back it up. What's outrageous is your claim that calling this charge in a big game could impede an official's career.
This may be the best post of the thread...wish someone would have thought of it 17 pages ago....

Does anyone else have a problem with the OS's argument that it is too close to know...I really think that a L in good position with a little depth could have caught B1 with both feet on the floor just before A1 goes airborne...therefore not a guess as has been argued?