The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Feb 28, 2007, 11:53pm
Official Forum Member

Did anyone see the end of the A&M vs Texas game tonight.

Texas was up 96=93 with 5 seconds left. Law from A&M comes into the front court with 1.4 secs left a player from Texas grabs him from behind. Looked like an Intentional foul, but wasnt called. Did anyone see this? Thoughts welcome.
Old Thu Mar 01, 2007, 12:02am
Official Forum Member

I did...and I'm an Aggie and that kind of calling pisses me off. This game is the Oklahoma-Oregon game of Basketball. Any idea where I file a complaint about such actions.
Old Thu Mar 01, 2007, 12:07am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by waenloteion
Any idea where I file a complaint about such actions.
No. No one is going to listen to a fan.

Peace
Old Thu Mar 01, 2007, 12:09am
Official Forum Member

I don't care if they are not gonna listen...I'm gonna fight it even if i have to send 20 emails a day...i know the game stands but i want action taken against those referees cause there is no way that intentional could be missed...He grabbed Law's jersey with both hands for Christ sake.
Old Thu Mar 01, 2007, 01:02am
Official Forum Member

Now can we get some reasonable replys here? Just wanted to know if any fellow officials saw the situation. Guess a few fans did.
Old Thu Mar 01, 2007, 01:04am
Official Forum Member

Ok I understand that and im sorry for the aggresive behavior however with my first post i did not realize the entire funcionality of this forum...i was just looking for someone to talk about it with and maybe find a complaint device so that I can at least feel a little better knowing I took action...however I do not believe that the responses I revceived were required...a simple "This is forum for officials to discuss calls" would have gotten rid of me a lot faster than snide and caustic remarks that I could hear from a child so I will apologize for being rude (if you have every been frustrated you should understand) but maybe next time you will think about your responses the next time an aggravated fan stumbles upon this site while looking for an outlet

Thanks and Goodbye.
Old Thu Mar 01, 2007, 01:08am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by waenloteion
"This is forum for officials to discuss calls" would have gotten rid of me a lot faster than snide and caustic remarks that I could hear from a child so I will apologize for being rude (if you have every been frustrated you should understand) but maybe next time you will think about your responses the next time an aggravated fan stumbles upon this site while looking for an outlet

Thanks and Goodbye.
All I can say is welcome to the internet. People are not going to give you a perfect response. It is not like you were nice either.

Peace
Old Thu Mar 01, 2007, 01:14am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyvol
Now can we get some reasonable replys here? Just wanted to know if any fellow officials saw the situation. Guess a few fans did.
I was half watching the game. Unfortunately I did not see the entire play and I even missed the replay. I guess I would have to ask, what happen first. I heard Fran say this was likely an intentional foul, but I would have to ask, what happen first? Is it possible the second action was worse than the first contact?

Peace
Old Thu Mar 01, 2007, 01:20am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to TRef21
Cmon easy guys. Lets all be professionals in here. I do have admit I did enjoy reading the arguments. Whether it was intentional or not, fans can complain all they want. It's up to the conference supervisor to take action. I have to say that I really doubt that they will listen to the fans since they don't have a safe in this profession at all levels
Old Thu Mar 01, 2007, 01:24am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRef21
Cmon easy guys. Lets all be professionals in here. I do have admit I did enjoy reading the arguments. Whether it was intentional or not, fans can complain all they want. It's up to the conference supervisor to take action. I have to say that I really doubt that they will listen to the fans since they don't have a safe in this profession at all levels
This is not about professionalism. This guy came here to rag on officials. Then when he got some sarcastic responses (which happens often on this site by several people) he started telling people to F-off when they did not get the answer they wanted. This site is not an official place to answer all officiating issues. This is where individuals decide to respond to each other.

Peace

Last edited by JRutledge; Thu Mar 01, 2007 at 02:17am.
Old Thu Mar 01, 2007, 01:56am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Tommy,

I really hesitate to jump in here because I don't want to openly disagree with you twice in one night. I've got no beef with you and I'm really not trying to get in your face. In fact I used to feel exactly the same way you do. I bristled at the way such people were treated here by people I otherwise respected. I was astonished and embarassed at their behavior. It seemed unfair, unfriendly, and unprovoked.

Then I lived through a few years of the annual parade of trolls during the playoffs and March Madness. In the next month they will come out of the woodwork and infest our board. They don't want rational explanations. They are in no mind to be fair, even-handed, or to learn. They are here only to gripe about how, in their completely biased opinion, their team was unfairly treated. Disagreeing with them, no matter how well-intentioned or -deserved, only invites their vitriol and venom.

I have finally come to agree with others that the best policy is to get rid of them as quickly as possible. There are thousands of places such trolls can go to whine. This is one of the only places we can come to talk officiating and I've become very protective of it. Letting them hang around is like allowing the losing team's fans into your post-game conference.

Just my opinion.
Old Thu Mar 01, 2007, 02:20am
Official Forum Member

I wasn't going to post again but I feel I must. I am sorry I was rude...I know what you mean about fans that only gripe and don't care about reality...the truth is I was so frustrated by what I think is a bad call that I overreacted...and unfortunately ya'lls haven was the first place I found. I mentioned earlier that I didn't realize what exactly this forum is about and that was the truth. In my frustration I was looking for anywhere to vent and this was the first place I found. I'm sorry for violating ya'lls safe haven and wish ya'll to know that. Also, it would be very interesting to see what other refs think of calls and that is why I have come back...I wanted to see what people were saying about the play. I do feel though..and you can take this or leave it...that sarcastic responses may not be the best way to get rid of aggravated fans as most of the time (my case included ) it usually leads to them becoming more aggravated (like me). So I guess the main point of this response is to apologize for my uneccesary behavior and just to get ya'lls opinion because as many of you have found out I'm not an official. So ya'll have a nice day and I am going to work on my temper problems and try to treat ya'll with the respect ya'll deserve instead of ragging on ya'll everytime I feel you made bad call.

Last edited by waenloteion; Thu Mar 01, 2007 at 02:23am.
Old Thu Mar 01, 2007, 02:25am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back In The Saddle
Tommy,

I really hesitate to jump in here because I don't want to openly disagree with you twice in one night. I've got no beef with you and I'm really not trying to get in your face. In fact I used to feel exactly the same way you do. I bristled at the way such people were treated here by people I otherwise respected. I was astonished and embarassed at their behavior. It seemed unfair, unfriendly, and unprovoked.

Then I lived through a few years of the annual parade of trolls during the playoffs and March Madness. In the next month they will come out of the woodwork and infest our board. They don't want rational explanations. They are in no mind to be fair, even-handed, or to learn. They are here only to gripe about how, in their completely biased opinion, their team was unfairly treated. Disagreeing with them, no matter how well-intentioned or -deserved, only invites their vitriol and venom.

I have finally come to agree with others that the best policy is to get rid of them as quickly as possible. There are thousands of places such trolls can go to whine. This is one of the only places we can come to talk officiating and I've become very protective of it. Letting them hang around is like allowing the losing team's fans into your post-game conference.

Just my opinion.
Well stated. Thank pulling this U2 out of the fire Crew Chief!
Old Thu Mar 01, 2007, 02:37am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Well stated. Thank pulling this U2 out of the fire Crew Chief!
No prob. It's what we U99's do
Old Thu Mar 01, 2007, 02:43am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back In The Saddle
No prob. It's what we U99's do
LOL!