The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Feb 23, 2007, 09:31am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via MSN to IREFU2 Send a message via Yahoo to IREFU2
Duke vs. Clemson

Did anyone see the B.I. call in the 2nd half from the lead? After the replay, it clearly wasnt. I guess thats why you shouldnt have a call like that from the lead.
Old Fri Feb 23, 2007, 09:40am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IREFU2
Did anyone see the B.I. call in the 2nd half from the lead? After the replay, it clearly wasnt. I guess thats why you shouldnt have a call like that from the lead.
From what I understand, the call was not BI, it was a pushing foul (otherwise known as over the back - dont shoot me!!!) on Clemson. The commentators thought it was a BI call and went on and on and on about it, all the while, the official was reporting his foul to the table.
Old Fri Feb 23, 2007, 09:45am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC_Ref12
From what I understand, the call was not BI, it was a pushing foul (otherwise known as over the back - dont shoot me!!!) on Clemson. The commentators thought it was a BI call and went on and on and on about it, all the while, the official was reporting his foul to the table.
Great!!!! I was hoping thats what was going on......for his sake!!!! Thanks for the clarification.
Old Fri Feb 23, 2007, 09:50am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IREFU2
Great!!!! I was hoping thats what was going on......for his sake!!!! Thanks for the clarification.
No worries. After all, it was the Itchy and Scratchy (Patrick/Elmore) show.
Old Fri Feb 23, 2007, 09:54am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC_Ref12
No worries. After all, it was the Itchy and Scratchy (Patrick/Elmore) show.
LMAO!!!!! That is too funny!!!
Old Fri Feb 23, 2007, 10:10am
Huck Finn

Who was this call on, Clemson or Duke?
Old Fri Feb 23, 2007, 10:18am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomegun
Who was this call on, Clemson or Duke?
From the replay, it looked like the Clemson player tried to dunk the ball as it came off the rim. I thought the official called BI. But DC says it was a foul.
Old Fri Feb 23, 2007, 10:29am
Official Forum Member

It says something about television that the people they hire to sit and watch the game pay so little attention to the action in front of them.

As previously said, it was a foul call. The thing that I thought interesting was that just a few posessions prior to the call, a Clemson player seemed to climb the back of a Duke defensive player for a rebound on a ball on the rim that eventually went in.

There was no call on the first play but it may have made the next call more apparent on the floor.
Old Fri Feb 23, 2007, 10:34am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmkbball
It says something about television that the people they hire to sit and watch the game pay so little attention to the action in front of them.

As previously said, it was a foul call. The thing that I thought interesting was that just a few posessions prior to the call, a Clemson player seemed to climb the back of a Duke defensive player for a rebound on a ball on the rim that eventually went in.

There was no call on the first play but it may have made the next call more apparent on the floor.
I agree totally with that statement.
Old Fri Feb 23, 2007, 01:36pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmkbball

Very likely. Sounds like they no-called the first because the ball went in; no rebound, no advantage. It also left them aware of it. "I'll pass on that one, but next time...."
Old Fri Feb 23, 2007, 02:22pm
Official Forum Member

When I saw the play, the commentators said BI...but it was a foul. I gave Itchy & Scratchy the benefit of the doubt, because in an earlier game (Duke vs. UNC) the lead called a technical for hanging on the rim...which I thought was odd. Why is the lead looking up there???
Old Fri Feb 23, 2007, 02:32pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonetoRef
When I saw the play, the commentators said BI...but it was a foul. I gave Itchy & Scratchy the benefit of the doubt, because in an earlier game (Duke vs. UNC) the lead called a technical for hanging on the rim...which I thought was odd. Why is the lead looking up there???
Perhaps he was intrigued by the pair of legs dangling unnaturally in his field of vision?
Old Fri Feb 23, 2007, 02:39pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonetoRef
When reffing big boys that play above the rim, and you have the post and the strongside rebound youre not going to look at their belly buttons. When they are in the air you have to know who goes over who, and if he gets undercut, whacked, etc. I would not be the primary calling a hanging on the rim, but I will help out....
Old Fri Feb 23, 2007, 02:52pm
Official Forum Member

On the original play that was no call, the reply that I saw was from on top of the backboard looking straight down and the Duke player who was climbed over through a pretty good elbow that missed the mark. It would have been very difficult to see from the floor.
Anyone else see it??