The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Feb 19, 2007, 05:25pm
Official Forum Member

Last Second Shot-A Nice End To The Season

Hey y'all.
Had a good one last Friday Boys JV. Late in the 2nd quarter, team A with the ball can't make the shot, and the rebound gets tipped around to team B player. He is about 3 feet off the baseline and sideline by team A's basket. He takes a step, pulls his other foot, winds up and heaves as he pulls his other foot. Partner had the clock, and I have the travel. My whistle and the buzzer are simultaneous, so I don't make much of my whistle, thinking the shot won't go in, and just call the quarter.

Think Again!!!

It goes in nothing but net. I am wincing in agony as I wave it off and call the travel. Team B's crowd is booing up a storm, but the team knew it was right. The best thing was Team B's Varsity coach, who is a respected veteran amongst coaches in these parts, grins and says, "he should at least get one point, right?" I laugh and say, "Sure!" Of course I didn't. So instead of a 3 point game, it was 6.
Fast forward to the end of the game. Team B has made a great comeback and is now tied. They make a foul to stop the clock and team A sinks both of their free throws. So, with 6 ticks left, team B goes down sideline, runs into trouble, passes up the court, player lets it go for three.......buzzer....GOOD!!!

Quite the ending of this year's funfest. Hope next year ends with a post season game.