The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Feb 16, 2007, 02:43am
Official Forum Member

2 Parents Getting Unruly

Hey Guys,

I am officiating a 7th and 8th grade house league where we keep no standings or stats and there are these 2 parents in the stands who keep yelling at me with obscene words "call something you fn idiot" and etc. So I turn around tell them to be quiet or I will issue a technical foul. I don't know if i can do this but I didn't know what else to do.

The supervisor of the league told me that I had the right to forfeit the game if they kept razzing me on and did not know that.

But to add to this these two guys had the audacity to come up to me after the game still complain to me and told me to call the game fair. I responded with I don't call the game fair, I call it on how I see it and I can't make every person in the gym happy.

I know these two parents will be back next game which is next Thursday. What steps should I take if they continue to talk, can I issue a technical or kick them out of the gym?

Thanks,

Ted
Old Fri Feb 16, 2007, 02:54am
M.A.S.H.

If they said "call something you fn idiot" they would be gone. Have game management remove them from the building. Don't issue a technical, just kick them out. You certainly should never put up with anything like that.
Old Fri Feb 16, 2007, 03:00am
Official Forum Member

Throw them out immediately and don't respond to their crap after the game. Don't call a T here. Management should've better recognized the situation and run them, I would consider not working the league anymore if this happened.
Old Fri Feb 16, 2007, 03:05am
Official Forum Member

I mean the league is great a lot of great games but there are a select few who think they know it all and take it out on me.
Old Fri Feb 16, 2007, 06:13am
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by gruberted
I mean the league is great a lot of great games but there are a select few who think they know it all and take it out on me.
And they'll continue to do that until you run them. As already stated, get game management to unload them. It's their responsibility. Don't do it yourself. Just stop the game and tell game management who you want removed, and don't start the game up again until they're out the door. Also, do not talk to yappy fans like that if approached. If they're giving you a hard time after a game, report that to game management too and tell them that you want security.

If game management won't ensure a safe, sportsmanlike enviroment, seriously consider dropping that league. It's just not worth it.
Old Fri Feb 16, 2007, 09:49am
Official Forum Member

Is game management required to wait for an official to instruct them before removing a spectator?
Old Fri Feb 16, 2007, 09:49am
Official Forum Member

To agree with everyone else, have game management remove them. Calling the T on a team is a last resort under federation rules. If they are using that kind of language and berating officials after the game, I'd suggest to the administrator of the league that they not be allowed back or they can find other officials to work. You gotta love middle school parents.
Old Fri Feb 16, 2007, 09:56am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamIAm
Is game management required to wait for an official to instruct them before removing a spectator?
No. Good game managers are pro-active and will take care of business before officials have to deal with it.
Old Fri Feb 16, 2007, 09:56am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamIAm
No. Hell no.
Old Fri Feb 16, 2007, 12:08pm
Courageous When Prudent

How about this unruly parent?

http://sports.aol.com/news/articles/...15200509990001
Old Fri Feb 16, 2007, 12:25pm
Official Forum Member

We had a fan removed last week for saying " Call the Damn foul" G-O-N-E.

Zero tolorence for profanity. Even DAMN.
Old Fri Feb 16, 2007, 12:47pm
Official Forum Member

Ditto Ditto.

Don't confront them yourself. Get Game management. Suspend the game till they arrive.

Unbelievable. I morn not only for you but the kids on the floor and the other spectators.