Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Jan 29, 2007, 01:57pm
Huck Finn

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeT
Who is both sexist enough to think this AND daft enough actually to write it? How many DI women's games have you done, stud?
I think you should just ignore that comment. He/she is obviously out of touch with officiating.
Old Mon Jan 29, 2007, 02:27pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
There were 32 fouls called in the first half alone.
This made me cringe even more!
Old Mon Jan 29, 2007, 03:04pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by All_Heart
This made me cringe even more!
Why?

Which of the 32 calls weren't good ones and also necessary? Please be exact.
Old Mon Jan 29, 2007, 03:17pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee
Why?

I will not speak for All Heart, but I say that 32 fouls in a game are a lot. Even if every call was correct, I would hate a game with 32 in a single half. I had a game this year where we called 21 fouls on one time in a half and at least 31 in that same half. Then the coach that had the 21 fouls actually got upset that I tried to talk one of his players about not committing a possible intentional foul.

Peace
Old Mon Jan 29, 2007, 04:24pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee
Why?

JRut got it.

I was just commenting on how it's no fun to call a game like that. For all we know they called the perfect game.

I wonder if the whole game will be posted on the net somewhere. If anyone finds out let us know.
Old Mon Jan 29, 2007, 04:43pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadNewsRef
Here, funny reading for your more bored moments.
Typical fanboy stuff.......

Same old, same old....
Old Mon Jan 29, 2007, 04:44pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Mountaineer Send a message via Yahoo to Mountaineer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark T. DeNucci, Sr.
The real question that should be asked is how O.J. Mayo was ruled eligible by the WVSSAC, when the OhioHSAA had ruled him ineligible for H.S. sports because he had already attended H.S. in Ohio for four (4) years (eight (8) semesters).

MTD, Sr.
OJ was ruled ineligible in Ohio because he is 19 not because of attending HS for 4 years . . . in WV I think you can still attend HS until you are 27, the only stipulation is that you cannot enter into a grade past one your father is currently enrolled in . . .

(First part is true - second is embellished for humor sake.)

The best part about beating your head against the wall is it feels so good when you stop.
Old Mon Jan 29, 2007, 04:44pm
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge
I will not speak for All Heart, but I say that 32 fouls in a game are a lot. Even if every call was correct, I would hate a game with 32 in a single half. I had a game this year where we called 21 fouls on one time in a half and at least 31 in that same half. Then the coach that had the 21 fouls actually got upset that I tried to talk one of his players about not committing a possible intentional foul.

Peace
I've had games where we've called that many in a half. There's no way you can get any type of flow going with a foul called every 30 seconds.

Not saying not to call fouls you have to get and all 32 in this game may have been "have to get" fouls. But it would be no fun working the game.
Old Mon Jan 29, 2007, 05:01pm
Official Forum Member

I just love the comments on the newpaper's page with the "officials were out to get HHS" What a load of ****. I'm sure that when Mike Lazo and crew were assigned this game they were excited to see a highly competitive HS game with one of the more touted HS players on the court. Besides HHS was a talented team without Mr. Mayo.

I saw Mayo in the OHSAA finals last year and he was the real deal. His running mate Bill Walker was crying the entire game. When Walker wasn't crying he was cherrypicking and not even playing defense. (My 14 yo son's observations)
Too bad Mr. Mayo actually had to play a game where there was some competition. I'm sure the number of fouls called were to avoid just such a situation combined with the potential trash talking involved.

Final line if you bump into an official after having a "T" called on you, you are asking for the ejection.
Old Mon Jan 29, 2007, 05:21pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Fronheiser
I've had games where we've called that many in a half. There's no way you can get any type of flow going with a foul called every 30 seconds.

Not saying not to call fouls you have to get and all 32 in this game may have been "have to get" fouls. But it would be no fun working the game.
And these are just fouls. What about the violations, timeouts and any other stoppage of play that might take place. Sometimes if the game is close it is not that bad, but when it is a blowout that is another issue all together.

Peace
Old Mon Jan 29, 2007, 06:48pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountaineer
OJ was ruled ineligible in Ohio because he is 19 not because of attending HS for 4 years . . . in WV I think you can still attend HS until you are 27, the only stipulation is that you cannot enter into a grade past one your father is currently enrolled in . . .

On that note, in West Virginia, if you divorce your wife, is she still your cousin?
Old Mon Jan 29, 2007, 06:53pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whistles & Stripes
On that note, in West Virginia, if you divorce your wife, is she still your cousin?
No, but she's still your sister.
Old Mon Jan 29, 2007, 06:57pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarthB
No, but she's still your sister.
That doesn't apply to barnyard animals though, does it?

I think I read that somewhere....Farmers Almanac maybe.
Old Mon Jan 29, 2007, 08:03pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:

The first part is not true. OJ turned 19 in November. Ohio's cutoff is August 1st. He would have been eligible had he stayed at North College Hill High School.
Old Mon Jan 29, 2007, 08:05pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Yes, there's a delay of game - however, the ref had the line on it and you really can't see OJ's mouth to see if he's saying anything - they had warned him about "yapping" previously. If he says anything - he deserved what he got.
Lets assume for the sake of argument that there had been no yapping or incidents prior to this dunk. Can the official still give a T for catching the dunk and walking down the floor? Or is a delay of game warning mandatory since its the first offense?
Closed Thread