Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Feb 06, 2007, 09:48am
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullor30
If you read my other posts all I said was it LOOKED like a flop to the casual observer. Most of the posts here have agreed his fall looked strange. Nothing more nothing less. Of course he was tripped, that doesn't change the fact it still looks strange and as always, IMHO. You may think otherwise.
Before viewing the replay on YouTube, I also read casual observers saying Mr. Lazzo was laying in the fetal position, which also wasn't true.

You are being disingenuous. You know good and well that when you said it "looked funny" you were questioning the ref's integrity and accusing him of flopping.

OJ Mayo said Lazzo's legs got tangled. OJ Mayo said he "brushed up" against the official. So why is it still being debating whether or not it looked funny?

Last edited by Raymond; Tue Feb 06, 2007 at 10:58am.
Old Tue Feb 06, 2007, 10:32am
In Memoriam

Quote:
Gee, I'm never going to be part of your cabal?
Well, if you interpret "cabal" as being sports officials with just a wee tiny bit of integrity, then I'd say that you're completely right. You aren't ever going to be a part of that cabal, fanboy.

May I make a suggestion? Why don't go go find a fanboy website? You know, one where all the fanboys discuss all of the many great conspiracies that everyone is busily plotting against their favorite team? You'll be right at home there. You can discuss officials flopping just like the refs do in the WWF. You're kinda like a fish out of water here, you know, this being a website for officials.

Please note that I said all that without calling him a "dickhead" even once. New record for ol' JR.
Old Tue Feb 06, 2007, 11:09am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee
Well, if you interpret "cabal" as being sports officials with just a wee tiny bit of integrity, then I'd say that you're completely right. You aren't ever going to be a part of that cabal, fanboy.

May I make a suggestion? Why don't go go find a fanboy website? You know, one where all the fanboys discuss all of the many great conspiracies that everyone is busily plotting against their favorite team? You'll be right at home there. You can discuss officials flopping just like the refs do in the WWF. You're kinda like a fish out of water here, you know, this being a website for officials.

Please note that I said all that without calling him a "dickhead" even once. New record for ol' JR.
Yourassisick 'Ref"...... Over the years I've had 'partners' like you, bigger than the game, macho attitude, my way or the highway,stealing calls all over the court, tunnel vision, and no respect for the players. Is putting on the uniform and bullying compensate for deficiencies off the court? You appear to be the classic example of hiding behind the whistle. Go toss some 5th grade Mom today and come back here all puffy chested and tell us all about it.

Time to hang it up and talk about the good ol' days.

Last edited by fullor30; Tue Feb 06, 2007 at 11:11am.
Old Tue Feb 06, 2007, 11:18am
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Yourassisick 'Ref"...... Over the years I've had 'partners' like you, bigger than the game, macho attitude, my way or the highway,stealing calls all over the court, tunnel vision, and no respect for the players. Is putting on the uniform and bullying compensate for deficiencies off the court? You appear to be the classic example of hiding behind the whistle. Go toss some 5th grade Mom today and come back here all puffy chested and tell us all about it.

I've never met Jurassic nor ever seen him officiate. I've had a few disagreements with him in this forum. But I'm wondering how you came to the conclusion in blue based on what he wrote in this thread.

You sound very much like one of those folks who is posting to the Huntington newspaper website.

I still don't know what "hiding behind the whistle" means.
Old Tue Feb 06, 2007, 11:19am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
Quote:

You're very perceptive, I'm impressed. You've captured JR exactly in this post.

Except he prefers the 5th grade dads to the moms. Not that there's anything wrong with that...just sayin
Old Tue Feb 06, 2007, 11:27am
In Memoriam

Quote:

Nighty-night. Not gonna play with the trolls anymore.
Old Tue Feb 06, 2007, 11:28am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadNewsRef
I've never met Jurassic nor ever seen him officiate. I've had a few disagreements with him in this forum. But I'm wondering how you came to the conclusion in blue based on what he wrote in this thread.

You sound very much like one of those folks who is posting to the Huntington newspaper website.

I still don't know what "hiding behind the whistle" means.

False bravado comes to mind regarding hiding behind the whistle.

It's a message board full of opinions, he doesn't like mine and I don't like his.
Old Tue Feb 06, 2007, 11:38am
Official Forum Member

Flop or not...who cares?

Who cares if he did flop? I think he should have flopped. Anything to get players like that loser suspended is acceptable to me. At least other officials won't have to deal with him for awhile now.
Old Tue Feb 06, 2007, 11:42am
Official Forum Member

some opinions are based on hearsay and crap -- some are based on more factual evidence...guess where your opinion falls.

your opinion -- lazzo took a flop
facts -- mayo bumped him, feet got tangled he fell
facts -- mayo admitted bumping him and feet getting tangled
facts -- lazzo didnt even see mayo come up behind him therefore its more of a surprise to him

your opinion does not match up with the facts. its not about liking yours its about yours being full of sh!t
Old Tue Feb 06, 2007, 12:14pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee

Nighty-night. Not gonna play with the trolls anymore.
Yep, now I've got a 2nd name to add to my ignore list!
Old Tue Feb 06, 2007, 12:26pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_ref
You're very perceptive, I'm impressed. You've captured JR exactly in this post.

Except he prefers the 5th grade dads to the moms. Not that there's anything wrong with that...just sayin
He's an easy read, and I've only been here a week.
Old Tue Feb 06, 2007, 12:36pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deecee
some opinions are based on hearsay and crap -- some are based on more factual evidence...guess where your opinion falls.

your opinion -- lazzo took a flop
facts -- mayo bumped him, feet got tangled he fell
facts -- mayo admitted bumping him and feet getting tangled
facts -- lazzo didnt even see mayo come up behind him therefore its more of a surprise to him

your opinion does not match up with the facts. its not about liking yours its about yours being full of sh!t
Comprehension is key here Spartacus, by the video as many have indicated here, his fall, on video(focus, stay with me now) looks(ie: appears) strange.

Show me where I said he "took a flop". Don't let facts get in the way of your 'story'
Old Tue Feb 06, 2007, 12:45pm
Esteemed Participant

Quote:
Comprehension is key here Spartacus, by the video as many have indicated here, his fall, on video(focus, stay with me now) looks(ie: appears) strange.

Show me where I said he "took a flop". Don't let facts get in the way of your 'story'
Why the hell do you care what it "looks" like? Both the official and the player have SAID that there WAS contact and that their feet got tangled...why are you making such a stink about what it looks like? Most officials are outraged that the kid made contact with the official and still got to play in his nationally televised games...you are fixated on what it "looks" like and what your 10 year old daughter thinks it "looks" like...that leads us to the same conclusion as JR - you're a fanboy troll...
Old Tue Feb 06, 2007, 12:51pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
He's an easy read, and I've only been here a week.
Which is about a week too long.

Where's that damn IGNORE button?

"You should never be proud of doing the right thing." - Dean Smith
Old Tue Feb 06, 2007, 12:56pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BktBallRef
Which is about a week too long.

Where's that damn IGNORE button?
You seem compelled to keep replying.
Closed Thread