The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun Dec 31, 2006, 12:53am
Official Forum Member

You may want to try the cedar shoe trees. They will help to maintain the shape of your shoe, absorb the moisture and provide a fresh scent.
Old Mon Jan 01, 2007, 05:30pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by South GA BBall Ref
You may want to try the cedar shoe trees. They will help to maintain the shape of your shoe, absorb the moisture and provide a fresh scent.
Shoes grow on cedar trees? Or are they cedar shoes growing on trees?
Old Mon Jan 01, 2007, 07:38pm
Official Forum Member

You might try dryer sheets to help with the smell. It works well for me and I also use it in my caps that I wear for football and baseball.
Old Mon Jan 01, 2007, 09:08pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by mplagrow
Shoes grow on cedar trees? Or are they cedar shoes growing on trees?
Well.......duh!

Of course shoes grow on trees. Where else do you think the Dutch folks could get their wooden shoes? Over in Holland, they got "loafer" trees, "high heel" trees", "safety boot" trees, etc., etc. They build windmills on the dikes to catch the cool, ocean breezes and direct them onto the shoes so that they don't dry out. The shoes bud in the early Spring and they get harvested in the late Fall usually. Just before harvest time, the Dutch usually have a religous festival, where they dance around a shoe and pray to the great God, Nike. It's called the Dutch Shoe Dance.

It's true, it's true.....
Old Mon Jan 01, 2007, 09:11pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee
Well.......duh!

Of course shoes grow on trees. Where else do you think the Dutch folks could get their wooden shoes? Over in Holland, they got "loafer" trees, "high heel" trees", "safety boot" trees, etc., etc. They build windmills on the dikes to catch the cool, ocean breezes and direct them onto the shoes so that they don't dry out. The shoes bud in the early Spring and they get harvested in the late Fall usually. Just before harvest time, the Dutch usually have a religous festival, where they dance around a shoe and pray to the great God, Nike. It's called the Dutch Shoe Dance.

Holy crap! Can I have some of whatever you're having??? Pass that over here!
Old Mon Jan 01, 2007, 09:58pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Well.......duh!

He's right, I went to a Dutch college, and the Dutch Shoe Dance (normally referred to in the Dutch tongue, but I never bothered to learn it, other than adding "Vander" to my last name) is done on the 18th hour of the 2nd day of the tulip festival.
Old Tue Jan 02, 2007, 03:17am
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaqwells
He's right, I went to a Dutch college, and the Dutch Shoe Dance (normally referred to in the Dutch tongue, but I never bothered to learn it, other than adding "Vander" to my last name) is done on the 18th hour of the 2nd day of the tulip festival.
And another little known fact is that originator of the Dutch Shoe Dance later moved to France and invented the CanCan. Yes, I'm talking about the renowned and revered......wait for it......Tulips Lautrec.
Old Tue Jan 02, 2007, 10:04am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
And another little known fact is that originator of the Dutch Shoe Dance later moved to France and invented the CanCan. Yes, I'm talking about the renowned and revered......wait for it......Tulips Lautrec.
Who later apparently founded the SEC.
Old Tue Jan 02, 2007, 10:15am
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbyron
Who later apparently founded the SEC.
Yup....originally known as the Shoe East Conference.