http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaab/recap?gid=200611290095
Game recap and box

http://www.your-own-mohawk-in-12-easy-steps.com
For those interested in new hair styles in Basketball
Old Fri Dec 01, 2006, 01:30pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee
Are you getting ready for an old-fashioned snippin' too, just like Cheech?

I know, I know. The picture is attributed to the guy who is supposed to be working instead. Feel better now?
Ahh...yes, I do.

I have low self-esteem, so I crave all the credit possible. Thank you.

(Btw, if Cheech and I start a musical group, we can call it Cheech and the Snippettes. Or, is it Snippets?)

(Used with permission.)
Old Fri Dec 01, 2006, 01:38pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by deecee
And there are plenty of people out there with what I like to call "reality imbalance" -- you can all use this term as you like but send me a some kind of royalty when you do -- but it simply is that some people have the ability to overreact to certain situations because they cannot reasonably judge fair and reasonable retaliation (whether physical, emotional whatever it may be)
Hogwash!

Quote:
I guarantee if that player did anything to the ref he would be in jail on assault and battery charges and just when you think "oh well its as bad as it can be" it GETS WORSE. I think getting carted off the court in handcuffs or physically removed is just a bit worse than leaving on your own -- my 2cents.
I guarantee you that if this player would have cold-cock you, you would be riding out of there on your back! Career possibly over! Oh yea, he'll go out in handcuff's alright but I think you might be hurting a little more.

You ever wonder why the officials in the NBA didn't give Ben Wallace the you're out of here hand toss signal like this ref did here, after he clearly pushed Ron Artest in the famous Detriot brawl? Think about that a minute before you shoot off your smart mouth again. Maybe, just maybe the NBA knows a little about running up on a man twice your size that's been provoked. We'll deal with it at the table. Notify the coaches, which is proper procedure when a player has foul out of the game or ejected.

Not everyone deals with pressure the same.....
Old Fri Dec 01, 2006, 01:55pm
Official Forum Member

just for the record im 6'6" 210 -- and not the out of shape kind --

and a NBA shove is just a tech -- same thing in HS -- I would not eject a player for a shove unless it leads to a fight -- 2 players shove each other T em up end it move on. Detroit was a shove by Ben and a fight between Artest and the fans -- eject the fans and artest -- if artest retaliated like that towards ben (assuming HS) eject them both -- once again sometimes the retaliation far outweighs the inital action -- judge accordingly and punish accordingly. Shove from A1 to B1 and B1 decks A1 who falls back -- eject B1 T up A1 depending on the severity of shove.
Old Fri Dec 01, 2006, 02:59pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sj
With the ding-dong decision by the ejected Kansas state player to hit that kid and the ding-dong hairdo of the other Kansas state player it makes you wonder who their coach is now. Oh. Wait. It's Bob Huggins. The whole picture makes sense now
And being a Cincinnati guy, I am laughing (a little) inside. A 24 point and 30 point loss, plus a player ejected, all before December...I guess the shine has worn off the "Little Apple" (manhattan, KS).
Old Fri Dec 01, 2006, 03:13pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizard
And being a Cincinnati guy, I am laughing (a little) inside. A 24 point and 30 point loss, plus a player ejected, all before December...I guess the shine has worn off the "Little Apple" (manhattan, KS).
In regards to basketball, the shine was off the Little Apple after the departures of Mitch Richmond and Lon Kruger.

As a K-State alum, I can guarantee you, though, that K-State basketball fans have no doubt in Huggins' abilities as a coach. It's not gonna be a quick turn around, however, when the team is full of guys who are soft...and I mean SOFT.
Old Fri Dec 01, 2006, 03:33pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by deecee
and a NBA shove is just a tech -- same thing in HS -- I would not eject a player for a shove unless it leads to a fight -- 2 players shove each other T em up end it move on. Detroit was a shove by Ben and a fight between Artest and the fans -- eject the fans and artest -- if artest retaliated like that towards ben (assuming HS) eject them both -- once again sometimes the retaliation far outweighs the inital action -- judge accordingly and punish accordingly. Shove from A1 to B1 and B decks A1 who falls back -- eject B T up A depending on the severity of shove.
This is the very mind thought that started the problem. Ben Wallace should have been ejected, no questions asked, just like Colon was. Ron, seeing that Ben had not been ejected became outraged because when he had done similar things in the past, he was ejected. He even stated this.

Let me get this straight, a shove by the biggest man on the court, that justs about separates your body parts is okay but a miss swing which looks like he could have been falling in that direction and you're tiptoeing to the tulips singing the you're out of here song. That's Interesting, hmmmmm......
Old Fri Dec 01, 2006, 03:33pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdw3018
In regards to basketball, the shine was off the Little Apple after the departures of Mitch Richmond and Lon Kruger.

As a K-State alum, I can guarantee you, though, that K-State basketball fans have no doubt in Huggins' abilities as a coach. It's not gonna be a quick turn around, however, when the team is full of guys who are soft...and I mean SOFT.
And one who is stupid!

He will get them to play hard, I have no doubt. Expect great defense, but IMO, he's not a great game coach. And don't expect a great halfcourt offense. If he has a weekly "Bob Huggins" call-in radio show, don't expect any caller to get much respect. He is condescending to fans who call in to ask questions.

Do I sound like a Bob Huggins hater? I'm not; just a UC fan who got tired of the crap that came along with trying to win.
Old Fri Dec 01, 2006, 03:48pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old School
You ever wonder why the officials in the NBA didn't give Ben Wallace the you're out of here hand toss signal like this ref did here, after he clearly pushed Ron Artest in the famous Detriot brawl?
That's stupid comment. What are you, 12?

Those officials had much bigger problems than Ben Wallace that night.

I heard Ronnie Garrettson tell Rasheed Wallace, "WHACK! Get out!" I don't think Garrettson had any concerns about his safety.

"You should never be proud of doing the right thing." - Dean Smith
Old Fri Dec 01, 2006, 03:50pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Let me get this straight, a shove by the biggest man on the court, that justs about separates your body parts is okay but a miss swing which looks like he could have been falling in that direction and you're tiptoeing to the tulips singing the you're out of here song. That's Interesting, hmmmmm......
AHHHHHHH LOL -- I know you cannot be serious because if you are you must really enjoy all the Junior High level games you have been doing because thats about where you should stay with your comments...

You have an inability to read -- I said depending on the serverity of the shove you punish accordingly -- if any body parts are being separated thats quite a shove IMO.

secondly you must be blind because you know youtube has a pause feature and you can look frame by frame -- if you think the defender might be falling down and didnt make any contact then well you should get your prescription checked -- me thinks its time to upgrade to actual magnifying glasses.

But you cannot be serious because if you are I would like to annoint you the Dan Quayle award for December 2006 -- I know its early but I am confident in my nomination.
Old Fri Dec 01, 2006, 03:56pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

D@mmit, he's keeping a tight grip on his trophy. We'll probably have to wait until April to give it to someone else.
Old Fri Dec 01, 2006, 03:57pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadNewsRef
Old School must be a great fisherman b/c he sure is reeling y'all in with his bait.
It's not bait when every post is the same. It's just the SOS.

"You should never be proud of doing the right thing." - Dean Smith
Old Fri Dec 01, 2006, 05:16pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeCee
AHHHHHHH LOL -- I know you cannot be serious because if you are you must really enjoy all the Junior High level games you have been doing because thats about where you should stay with your comments...
Wow! Did I hit a nerve?

Quote:
You have an inability to read -- I said depending on the serverity of the shove you punish accordingly -- if any body parts are being separated thats quite a shove IMO.

secondly you must be blind because you know youtube has a pause feature and you can look frame by frame -- if you think the defender might be falling down and didnt make any contact then well you should get your prescription checked -- me thinks its time to upgrade to actual magnifying glasses.
Viewing it real time is a different story. In fact, the first 2 times I saw it, i did not see it from the angle shown. It was the second angle where the view was close to what the ref actually saw that drove it home for me and yes it was great call. I just think he over emphasize the moment. He got excited, we not suppose to get excited, remember. This ain't baseball either, there's no you're out of here mechanic. I think he should be fine for that so that others don't start doing things that are non-standard.

Quote:
But you cannot be serious because if you are I would like to annoint you the Dan Quayle award for December 2006 -- I know its early but I am confident in my nomination.
Just like you where confident that Ben Wallace foul was not that bad.
Old Fri Dec 01, 2006, 05:24pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old School
This ain't baseball either, there's no you're out of here mechanic. I think he should be fine for that so that others don't start doing things that are non-standard.
Simple question - what is the standard mechanic or procedure for an ejection?

One more simple question - do you officiate basketball?

(Used with permission.)