The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Nov 29, 2006, 10:55am
M.A.S.H.

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&M Guy
Next week my a$$! Try tomorrow night - there's a chance of 2 - 5". Depending on where the snow hits, there might be chance for some Fri. closings.

But I'm enjoying the current weather while it lasts. Then I'll finally get to put away my Hawaiian shirts 'till next spring.
Maybe I should update my weather ticker...that might help! Holy smokes, you're right..... 2 - 5" tomorrow night. Everyone let's sing:
... the weather outside is frightful
But the fire is so delightful
And since we’ve no place to go Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow
Old Wed Nov 29, 2006, 10:56am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjones1
Maybe I should update my weather ticker...that might help! Holy smokes, you're right..... 2 - 5" tomorrow night. Everyone let's sing:
I've heard you sing.

Don't quit your day job.

(Used with permission.)
Old Wed Nov 29, 2006, 10:59am
M.A.S.H.

Quote:
I've heard you sing.

Don't quit your day job.

I'll take a small bow before the boo's get too loud.
Old Wed Nov 29, 2006, 12:52pm
Official Forum Member

tjones1 and M&MGuy:

I am across the river to you guys (Lincoln County MO) and the way people are acting around here the sky is about to fall. Great time to invest in Prairie Farms and Wonder Bread stock.

Over here the front is supposed to move in through the night tonight and through the day tomorrow. noaa.gov says 1 to 3, the maintenance guy says a foot. (In fairness I do think its supposed to be heavier down south around I-44). So we'll see.

I guess tomorrow is a good day to have a off day.
Old Wed Nov 29, 2006, 01:36pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Everyone let's sing:
I rode my bicycle home from work this morning. Cold enough my camelbak started to freeze. Since I had forgotten my ipod, and had to entertain myself with my own thoughts, I kept on singing this to myself all the way home.
Old Wed Nov 29, 2006, 02:43pm
M.A.S.H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyezen
tjones1 and M&MGuy:

I am across the river to you guys (Lincoln County MO) and the way people are acting around here the sky is about to fall. Great time to invest in Prairie Farms and Wonder Bread stock.

Over here the front is supposed to move in through the night tonight and through the day tomorrow. noaa.gov says 1 to 3, the maintenance guy says a foot. (In fairness I do think its supposed to be heavier down south around I-44). So we'll see.

I guess tomorrow is a good day to have a off day.
Well eyezen, we are starting to get the tip of the nasty stuff. Not looking good, I'm scheduled to work a regional championship tomorrow evening. But more important I get to meet up with my brother afterwards. I won't be a happy camper if my plans get altered. However, I guess there's not too much I can do about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco
I rode my bicycle home from work this morning. Cold enough my camelbak started to freeze. Since I had forgotten my ipod, and had to entertain myself with my own thoughts, I kept on singing this to myself all the way home.
Very nice. I have forgotten my MP3 the past two days. Not very good, cause then I can't listen to BOB&TOM...and that is depressing!

Last edited by tjones1; Thu Nov 30, 2006 at 12:50am.
Old Wed Nov 29, 2006, 04:01pm
Official Forum Member

Out here in Valparaiso it has been at least 60 degrees for the last six days not counting today. Tonite some heavy storms and they are calling for 2 to 5 inches by the end of friday afternoon....Gotta love Chicagoland wheather...There are only two seasons in this area Winter and Construction!
Old Wed Nov 29, 2006, 04:29pm
Courageous When Prudent

Gonna be 73 degrees down here in southeast VA tomorrow.
Old Wed Nov 29, 2006, 05:16pm
M.A.S.H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwiboi2005
Out here in Valparaiso it has been at least 60 degrees for the last six days not counting today. Tonite some heavy storms and they are calling for 2 to 5 inches by the end of friday afternoon....Gotta love Chicagoland wheather...There are only two seasons in this area Winter and Construction!
I was just up in Valpo on Wednesday and Thursday. It was a wonderful day on Turkey Day up there!!
Old Thu Nov 30, 2006, 12:14am
Official Forum Member

TJ1,
Don't think you're going to be a happy camper. We're getting poured on with rain raight now and are looking at a lot more than 2"-5" of snow and they're saying 1/4" of ice under it. (Man, I already miss Southern Illinois winters.) BTW how long has you're brother been back? Is he doing any games anymore? RR
Old Thu Nov 30, 2006, 12:53am
M.A.S.H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by refnrev
TJ1,
Don't think you're going to be a happy camper. We're getting poured on with rain raight now and are looking at a lot more than 2"-5" of snow and they're saying 1/4" of ice under it. (Man, I already miss Southern Illinois winters.) BTW how long has you're brother been back? Is he doing any games anymore? RR
He has been back since June. Yes, he is starting to pick games up again this year. Luckly, he was able to keep his status and go inactive while he was over there. Doing that, he only had to complete Part I and (obviously) didn't have to attend the Rules Meeting.

I've given him a few of mine to get back into the mix.
Old Thu Nov 30, 2006, 01:03pm
M.A.S.H.

Knock on wood...

So far so good here, it's raining a little bit here, however things are looking good. There have been a few games to the West of me that have started shutting things down. Time will tell...
Old Thu Nov 30, 2006, 01:05pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
So far so good here, it's raining a little bit here, however things are looking good. There have been a few games to the West of me that have started shutting things down. Time will tell...
Well, I just got my first one cancelled a few minutes ago. The visiting team decided to call it quits already, so I won't be able to work one of my closest games of the season...sigh...

(Used with permission.)
Old Thu Nov 30, 2006, 01:14pm
M.A.S.H.

Quote:
Well, I just got my first one cancelled a few minutes ago. The visiting team decided to call it quits already, so I won't be able to work one of my closest games of the season...sigh...
That's usually how it works! I'm scheduled to go to Effingham tonight. And Ohhhhh boy... I just dialed in weather.com and took a look at the radar. It shows the Rain/Freezing rain is suppose to start right about the time I am planning to take off. So with that....what's the IESA's policy on post-season games called due to weather and the officials? I know the IHSA has revised their policy latetly. I would assume they did the samething...
Old Thu Nov 30, 2006, 01:28pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
There was a story in the local paper about the bitter weather in the windy city

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/55668